news.cnet.com: For those waiting for a grand cataclysmic battle between Gog (Linux) and Magog (Windows), with one supreme victor, don't hold your breath, suggests a new study by Harvard Business School.
phoronix.com: With the Linux 2.6.30 kernel being prepped for release in early June, we have set out to provide a few benchmarks of this latest Linux kernel to see how it compares to its two earlier predecessors.
- Netbook Wars: Linux, Android, Windows 7
- Little Laptops With Linux Have Compatibility Issues
- HP carries the Linux torch with new Mini 110
- Linux Mint 7 "Gloria" - It Just Keeps Getting Better
- 10 Top apps to add to LinuxMint7 Gloria
cyberciti.biz: Linux kernel is the central component of Linux operating systems. It is responsible for managing the system's resources, the communication between hardware and software and security. Unfortunately, stock kernel is not secured out of box. There are some important Linux kernel patches to secure your box. They differ significantly.
softpedia.com: Only 16 days remain until June 13th, the date SouthEast LinuxFest makes its debut in Clemson, South Carolina. The one-day conference features an impressive list of speakers.
computerworld.com: Reports of the Linux netbook's death at the hands of Microsoft have been greatly exaggerated. A flood of Linux netbook news will be made next week at the Computex trade show in Taiwan.
tech-no-media.com: I will list 9 of the most common reasons to switch from Windows to Linux and try to explain in which cases the switch to Linux has a good chance of delivering the expected benefits.
- Slackware Changes Package Compression Format
- openSUSE changes to -fomit-frame-pointer -mtune=generic
- Linpus To Launch Moblin V2 OS Next Week
Learn how the GNU/Linux is becoming more eco-friendly