royal.pingdom.com: The web browser market is an ever-changing landscape. How many are using the various browsers out there? How many are using the latest versions? Which versions are the most common? How big an audience may you be annoying if your site isn’t perfect in a specific browser version?
- Firefox 5 locks down, almost ready for release
- Mozilla gets tough on Firefox memory leaks
- Fired Up over Improved Firefox
- Chrome nearly replaced Firefox in Ubuntu Linux, Shuttleworth says
- Idle Connection Tuning Makes Firefox 5 Faster
conceivablytech.com: Mozilla is changing the interface of Firefox and is discussing its ideas with its users. Here is another round of mockups how Firefox X could look like.
Not long ago Mozilla changed the release cycle of Firefox, so that major new versions (Firefox 5, 6 and so on) will be released every 2-3 months. Currently, the latest alpha release is Firefox 6 Aurora, while the latest beta development version is Firefox Beta 5, which has made it into the Firefox Next PPA already. Installing this version should be very easy if you follow the next steps.
- Mozilla launches MemShrink effort to improve Firefox memory use
- Firefox 4 Passes 200 Million Downloads
- Russians Love Their Opera
- Should Mozilla Pitch This Firefox Full Screen Browser?
- Mozilla disables Firefox 5 WebGL's cross domain textures - update
pcworld.com: Mozilla's Firefox 5 browser may have only just entered the beta phase, but thanks to the project's new, faster development schedule, the next version is already alive and kicking. Here are a few intriguing features we can expect to see in Firefox 6.
- Opera 11.50 (Swordfish) Beta Released
- Opera 11.50 Beta "Swordfish" Browser Now Available for Testing
- Do We Still Care About The Browser Wars?
- on the story of browser names
conceivablytech.com: Both Mozilla and Google have recently highlighted a more visible and detailed view of the memory that is consumed by a browser as well as content.