- Quickzi: Get rid of the Ubuntu splash screen during boot
- How to pimp out your Ubuntu desktop
- compiz fusion with ati radeon x800 gto on ubuntu gusty
This document describes how to set up the Avant Window Navigator (AWN) on Fedora 7. The result is an eye candy, dock-like bar at the bottom of the screen as a replacement for the standard gnome-panel.
- Can’t Think of a Color Scheme? Agave Can
- HeX: Using Darkstat & Ntop
- cups and printers stopping
- Command Line Progress Bar
- Sunbird 0.7 is Impressive
- aMSN - an alternative to Pidgin for Windows Live Messenger
- Hide Partition Icons From Your Ubuntu Desktop
- Mouse pointer disappears after switching users
- Ajust LCD brightness from command line
- Clock skew error
- Splitting tar archives on the fly
Linux Planet: Last week we learned some useful tips about font management in Linux. Today we're going to learn a few more ways to preview fonts, how to view font character maps, how to manage console fonts, and how to design your own fonts.
OpenOffice.org Tips: If you spend all day in spreadsheets, sooner or later you want something to help you spot what's important or different. The motion study expert Frank Gilbreth told factories to paint parts different colors to help factory workers spot the right pieces more quickly; Calc has roughly equivalent features to help point out the different types of data you're working with.
wolphination.com: How many times have you been stuck at work when the latest episode of a podcast such as LugRadio has become available for download, or the latest version of your favourite Linux distribution has been released? Wouldn’t it be really useful if you could access a server at home through your web browser and order it to download that file, so that it’s waiting for you when you get there?
- a bash completion tip
- Get uptime/loading/logins information remotely
- One way to reinstall your xorg.conf file
- Protect Your Network from spamming, scanning, harvesting and dDoS attacks with DROP List
- How to find out which ubuntu version you are running
- Debian way to make tiny change to package
- Quick Tip: Installing Ubuntu Studio Theme on Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon
tombuntu: This is the second edition of my Civilization IV (Civ 4) on Linux how-to. With this guide you can run Civ 4 almost flawlessly on Ubuntu or any other Linux distribution using Wine.
cybernet: One of the new things in Ubuntu 7.10 is the ability to read and write to NTFS formatted drives, which is great for Windows XP and Vista users. What that means is that you can create a Firefox profile in Windows and set it up so that Ubuntu uses the exact same profile.
tuxicity.wordpress: On most distros the Stable version of Flash: 184.108.40.206 is available. To get Flash Player 9 to work in full screen mod mode you need Flash, build 220.127.116.11 , a prerelease of the next version of Flash. To get the prerelease of Flash you need to go to adobe.labs.com.