samiux.wordpress: We can do PHP programming by any text editor, such as vi and nano. However, a Integrated Development Environment (IDE) is good for debugging. However, we should install some server programs and do some configuration before using it.
go2linux.org: Mplayer is one of most known movie players in Linux, and also in Mac OS, and Windows. Mplayer has lots of options, and we will explore some of them here.
- Loading custom compiled ALSA modules
- Publishing a Blog in Vim with Vimpress
- Improved Guide To Burning Dreamcast Discs From Linux
- scponly - limited shell for secure file transfers
- Mount remote folders via SSH
- USB BackTrack Linux installation
linux.com: An uninterruptible power supply (UPS) will allow your computer to continue to function for a period of time when mains power is lost. This can help you to smooth over short-term (1-5 minute) loss of power by running from the UPS battery.
dedoimedo.com: We all know that Slackware means stability and security. But Slackware has never been a distribution for the weak and elderly. It has always been regarded as one of the more geeky and difficult distros, alongside Gentoo. Until now. Well, Gentoo got Sabayon and Slackware got Wolvix.
blogs.ittoolbox.com: There are plenty of tutorials out on the web but they tend to shove a whole lot down your throat in one big hard to swallow gob. I intend to make short, sharp and shiny snippets so it is easy to understand and use.
polishlinux.org: The Bittorrent network is becoming increasingly popular and perfectly legal. It allows to download the latest movies, music or, to say the least, almost every Linux distribution available.
- How To Dual Boot Ubuntu Gutsy And Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.1
- Uninstalling Wubi
- HowTo: Extract Lines That Started With Matching String Using Grep
- Howto write an ISO image to a CD-RW from the Linux console
- Becoming Root User Without Password In GNU/Linux Ubuntu
This document describes how to set up, configure and use Fwbackups on a Fedora 8 desktop. The result is an easy-to-use backup system for desktop usage.
- Running Abyss, a small but feature rich web server
- VMware 64 Bit Error: Failed to connect to peer process
- Keyboard Shortcut to Cycle Through Workspaces in Gnome
- Use your Ubuntu partition to fix a corrupt registry on a Windows XP partition
- python convey the exception traceback into log file
- How can I configure squid so that it never caches some web sites?
- Restore Missing Icons in OpenOffice
- Gplot simplifies gnuplot graph creation
- Installing Packages in SLED/SLES through the command line
- Mounting ISO's
- Vim Setup - Tuning Vim To The Environment
- Managing Services in Ubuntu, Part II: Managing Runlevels