- Test Your Wireless Network Security with aircrack-ng
- Howto: Upload your External IP while behind a router
- Controlling Firefox Headers and Footers
- Sharing Files Between Ubuntu Host and Virtual Machines
- Making Mac OS X play nicely with Novell
linuxondesktop.blogspot: MAC OS has been traditionally known for their impressive graphical interface and stability. Now even though i have been an avid Linux follower over the past 9 years I have been using Linux, still i find my self attracted to MAC OS. In this tutorial i describe step by step how to make your ubuntu desktop look more like MAC OS X Leopard.
tipoftheday: Sometimes, you just need to break through a troublesome gateway. Or perhaps you need to test a connection from a remote location. If you’re like most geeks, though, there’s already ample reason to do any of this — because you can.
- Ubuntu Guide For Windows Users: How To Play MP3 Audio Files
- Configuring Airtel Beetel 220BX in Ubuntu
- HTTrack: Website crawler / copier
- Miss Your Windows Application? Try WINE
- Installing Skype 2 Beta on Kubuntu
- Encrypting your /home
- Install Mplayer and Multimedia Codecs (libdvdcss2,w32codecs) in Ubuntu 7.10
- Snowglobe, shelf plugins in compiz-fusion-git
- VMWare Server Tip: Display Menus and Toolbars in Quick Switch Mode
- Howto: XDM
- Customize Firefox blank page
- SSH Key Authentication Using seahorse (GUI)
- Read Your Linux Partition from Windows with DiskInternals Linux Reader
- XGL and Xen can mix on a T61p!
- Quick Tip: Rotating Background per Time of Day in KDE
FTP is a very insecure protocol because all passwords and all data are transferred in clear text. By using TLS, the whole communication can be encrypted, thus making FTP much more secure. This article explains how to set up ProFTPd with TLS on a Debian Etch server.
- Running Windows inside your Ubuntu 7.10 installation
- Create a Virtual Monitor Power Button
- How To Install Tilda 0.9.5 on Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon
- Linux / UNIX dot-files
- EasyCrypt - a simple GUI for TrueCrypt
- Kompozer is easy and free
- apturl - protocol handler in Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon
This document describes how to set up and configure a Samba Domaincontroller for small workgroups (up to 250 users) on Fedora 8 with the Samba Web Administration Tool.
- Installing gOS on Ubuntu
- Simple File Encryption with OpenSSL
- Configure Linux
- APT-Get vs Aptitude - Command Line Reference Guide
- OpenOffice.org Calc: Basic arithmetic and statistic functions