- Creating Your Own Linux RPM's - The Initial Software Build
- Beginning Your Spec File For Building Linux RPM's
- How to set default session timeout in Linux
- Archive files in both Windows and Linux using PeaZip
- phpMyBackupPro: No simpler backup for MySQL
- List Open Files for Process
- How to check your video card
- Rescue an encrypted LUKS LVM volume
- Thunderbird Has Lost my eMail in Ubuntu
- How-to Install Nexuiz 2.4
- Using Google Gears on Linux
- Monitoring Realtime network interface Using Slurm
- Patching debian packages
- AstroMenace: A 3D space shooter game
- ACPI S2 vs. Gentoo vs. Vaio TZ11
linux.com: When you want to customize the look and feel of your Linux desktop environment, you can find many resources for altering window managers and interface widgets, but working with icons has always been more of an issue. Now you can get help with icons from a new program called Tango Generator.
The Domain Name System (DNS) is the service that converts hostnames and domain details into the IP addresses required for application to communicate. This article looks at the basics of DNS setup, how servers and requests are distributed, and exchanged and how to set up and keep a DNS environment running smoothly.
softpedia.com: Many people asked about that very nice Ubuntu theme, which is actually a mockup, and they wanted to have such a beauty on their desktops. Therefore, this guide will teach you how to create your own "sexylicious" Ubuntu desktop! In other words, we will pimp your desktop and change its looks:
- Logging out of KDE 4 in 5 easy stops
- Set up ISC’s dhcpd server
- Changing your ssh port in Linux
- Linux game – monsterz
- Automounting FUSE filesystems
- Ext3 - Reserved blocks percentage
- Migrate your Thunderbird emails from Windows to Linux
- Bash bits, nibbles, and bytes: A rotating cursor while you wait
- Step by Step: Configuring SSL Under Apache
- Howto: Test the WebKit engine in Fedora
- Convert Red Hat/Fedora Packages for Ubuntu/Debian Installation
linux.com: Although the Asus Eee PC has everything you need to be productive right from the start, a few simple software tweaks can help you to get more out of your tiny companion.
linuxondesktop.blogspot: Recently while i was surfing the internet i came across instruction to install a theme on Ubuntu , Now after installing the theme i was mightily impressed with the theme . I decided it was good enough to be published on my blog and well here are the simplified instructions to installing the theme with loads of screen shots on Ubuntu 7.10 Gusty Gibbon .
- HowTo: Identify Your Linux Shells
- Dstat - Versatile resource statistics tool
- Remove Linux User From a Secondary Group
- Remap useless Caps Lock key in X
- KDE, Debian Sid And Left Handed Mouse
- How to Run a Command Line within Python
- Why does my system sometimes hang at the end of reboot or shutdown?
roderick-greening.blogspot: OK, so you've undoubtedly come across some problem and found a post which says you need to open a terminal and run some series of commands. You ask yourself, what is this terminal and why am I typing commands and what do they mean?
- Using find with mtime
- slurm - Realtime network interface monitor
- Howto Change Default Cursor Theme in Debian
- Couple of Ubuntu/Linux Tips
- Quickzi: Find out when a user account expires