linuxondesktop.blogspot: Recently while i was surfing the internet i came across instruction to install a theme on Ubuntu , Now after installing the theme i was mightily impressed with the theme . I decided it was good enough to be published on my blog and well here are the simplified instructions to installing the theme with loads of screen shots on Ubuntu 7.10 Gusty Gibbon .
- HowTo: Identify Your Linux Shells
- Dstat - Versatile resource statistics tool
- Remove Linux User From a Secondary Group
- Remap useless Caps Lock key in X
- KDE, Debian Sid And Left Handed Mouse
- How to Run a Command Line within Python
- Why does my system sometimes hang at the end of reboot or shutdown?
roderick-greening.blogspot: OK, so you've undoubtedly come across some problem and found a post which says you need to open a terminal and run some series of commands. You ask yourself, what is this terminal and why am I typing commands and what do they mean?
- Using find with mtime
- slurm - Realtime network interface monitor
- Howto Change Default Cursor Theme in Debian
- Couple of Ubuntu/Linux Tips
- Quickzi: Find out when a user account expires
linuxlove.org: Whenever you click a http:// or mailto: link in KDE, by default, Konqueror and KMail will open. I’m not saying these are bad apps, just that if you have Firefox and Thunderbird installed, why wouldn’t you want to use them fully?
crunchbang.org: I had some spare time yesterday and I decided to spend it playing with compositing under Openbox. I'm not normally too fussed about having eye-candy on the desktop; however, a few people have mentioned 3D effects, in IRC and on the forums, so I thought I'd have a go at configuring xcompmgr on one of my systems.
This document describes how to set up a two-node load balancer in an active/passive configuration with HAProxy and heartbeat on Fedora 8. The load balancer acts between the user and two (or more) Apache web servers that hold the same content.
samiux.wordpress: We can do PHP programming by any text editor, such as vi and nano. However, a Integrated Development Environment (IDE) is good for debugging. However, we should install some server programs and do some configuration before using it.
go2linux.org: Mplayer is one of most known movie players in Linux, and also in Mac OS, and Windows. Mplayer has lots of options, and we will explore some of them here.
- Loading custom compiled ALSA modules
- Publishing a Blog in Vim with Vimpress
- Improved Guide To Burning Dreamcast Discs From Linux
- scponly - limited shell for secure file transfers
- Mount remote folders via SSH
- USB BackTrack Linux installation