- Moblock: Peerguardian for Linux
- TIP: Gentoo libexpat.so error simple fix
- Linux Bash tutorial 4: The power of regular expressions
- Short Tip: Convert Ogg Vorbis file to MP3
- Print to PDF using PCLinuxOS/Kubuntu any KDE distro
- HowTo: Move Multiple Files Recursively
- Get more e-mail flexibility with Fetchmail
- OS X-Like Widgets with Screenlets on Ubuntu (Update)
- HowTo: Single Step VirtualBox Installation on Fedora 8
linux.com: When your computer needs to run programs that are bigger than your available physical memory, most modern operating systems use a technique called swapping, in which chunks of memory are temporarily stored on the hard disk while other data is moved into physical memory space. Here are some techniques that may help you better manage swapping on Linux systems and get the best performance from the Linux swapping subsystem.
nixcraft: You can use find command or recursdir command to recurse through local or remote directories to command/find files or create tar files.
linuxlove.org: Several distributions such as Fedora are shipping Gnome with Nautilus configured in spatial mode. This means that there’s no toolbar, no address bar and worst of all, each folder opens in a new window. A file manager in spatial mode is nothing more than a relic.
In this HowTo I will explain how to install and use KVM for running your services in virtual machines.
ubuntuguru.wordpress: Add some secret ninja power to your Ubuntu system today with Easy Crypt. With only a right click you can open or close a ‘top secret’ file, protected by military grade encryption (AES 512-bit Whirlpool). Easy Crypt is a cute little menu which brings the power of TrueCrypt to your system tray. No terminal commands necessary.
- Backup Ubuntu using rdiff-backup
- HowTo: Rename multiple files recursively
- HowTo: Determine RedHat and Fedora release version
Linux Journal: SoX is a power-packed command-line tool for various types of audio processing. It's very useful as an audio format converter, and it can be used for resampling audio files, converting between endianness, audio encoding and modifying other attributes of common audio file formats.