This document describes how to set up an installation environment with kickstart and NFS on Fedora 8. With the resulting system you will be able run unattended Fedora 8 installations on the client systems in your LAN.
linux.com: While KDE users get to boss KIO slaves for easier access to system and network resources, humble GNOME users can perform similar feats with its virtual file system, called GnomeVFS, which is an extension of the physical filesystem on a disk. Using GnomeVFS, users can work with non-local data that can come from unusual places, such as within compressed gzip archives.
- Mounting a SSH folder locally with sshfs
- Copy files from Windows or Mac to Linux safely
- Proftpd: listen on single ip
- Play Windows Games on Linux
- Use command-line MySQL for additional flexibility
- git: basic commands for standalobne individual tracking
- Using OpenOffice History at the Command Line
- How To Install Munin
- Securing Your Server With AppArmor
- Recover Your Forgotten Password In Linux
- Generating Patch Emails With Git
- Getting Scroll Lock to Work in Ubuntu
nikopsk.wordpress: If you are very new to Ubuntu and have come from Windows where you got most updates by visiting the various vendors of each application and doing so separately; you are in for a shock! In this simple how-to you will learn how easy it is to install in various different ways and remove software as well.
kimchikid.com/blog: A clean install of Ubuntu the desktop looks not very cool at all. But relax, if you follow this guide you will be able to get a ultra cool desktop like this one.
- Enable Pidgin Plugins in Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron)
- Sticky keys and keyboard Shortcuts on Mandriva 2008 - Tutorial
- Running A Linux Or Unix Shell On A Network Socket
- Open Source & Linux
- Ubuntu & Leopard
- Sharing files in ubuntu using samba to access over your network
- sshpass - Non-interactive ssh password authentication
- Getting Evolution to display images in HTML emails
- viewing man pages with vim
- Enabling Bluetooth on Ubuntu
- How to get Virtual Box Working on Linux Mint
- Howto Use ZIP
- Convertig text, html, images to PDF format on Ubuntu Linux
- How to triple boot with Vista/XP/Ubuntu
QGRUBEditor is a graphical frontend for managing the GRUB bootloader. By using QGRUBEditor, you do not have to mess around with the GRUB configuration in /boot/grub/menu.lst anymore. This article shows how to install and use QGRUBEditor on Ubuntu 7.10.
- getting XV on the projector
- Troubleshooting To Find The Bottleneck On Unix and Linux
- How to Backup Linux Mandriva 2008 Tutorial
- How to Fix Firefox Custom Dictionary on Ubuntu
- Apturl in Ubuntu
- Using your computer as your alarm clock
- Kubuntu EVE Online Linux Tips
ubuntulinuxhelp.com: Ever want to boot up your Ubuntu Linux system really quick to look something up? Sure, I think we all do that from time to time. Hate it when you get the forced file system check because you’ve booted up 30 times? I do.