polishlinux: Have you ever taken a picture which would be just great only if you could remove that strange unwanted object that showed up in the middle of nowhere and now kills the whole effect? Or perhaps you just want to get rid of your ex-girlfriend and keep the photo with a fantastic landscape alone? Whatever your secret plans are, GIMP Liquid rescale plugin is there for you. Just use it!
- How to switch between different Java (JVM) in Ubuntu and Debian GNU Linu
- Getting MX900 working on Ubuntu
omnigia.com: I recently received a Nokia 6300 as a birthday present. The most convenient (and cheapest) way to network the phone and laptop is via Bluetooth. Not knowing a thing about Bluetooth, I set out on a quest to learn more about this protocol — more specifically, how to use it in Ubuntu.
movingparts.net: The T61 is a heck of a nice little machine. Fast, smooth, quiet, and the works. However, there are a few things that have proven to be not so nice: most notably that which is absolutely necessary in a laptop: suspend and resume.
- Quickzi: Get rid of the Ubuntu splash screen during boot
- How to pimp out your Ubuntu desktop
- compiz fusion with ati radeon x800 gto on ubuntu gusty
This document describes how to set up the Avant Window Navigator (AWN) on Fedora 7. The result is an eye candy, dock-like bar at the bottom of the screen as a replacement for the standard gnome-panel.
- Can’t Think of a Color Scheme? Agave Can
- HeX: Using Darkstat & Ntop
- cups and printers stopping
- Command Line Progress Bar
- Sunbird 0.7 is Impressive
- aMSN - an alternative to Pidgin for Windows Live Messenger
- Hide Partition Icons From Your Ubuntu Desktop
- Mouse pointer disappears after switching users
- Ajust LCD brightness from command line
- Clock skew error
- Splitting tar archives on the fly
Linux Planet: Last week we learned some useful tips about font management in Linux. Today we're going to learn a few more ways to preview fonts, how to view font character maps, how to manage console fonts, and how to design your own fonts.
OpenOffice.org Tips: If you spend all day in spreadsheets, sooner or later you want something to help you spot what's important or different. The motion study expert Frank Gilbreth told factories to paint parts different colors to help factory workers spot the right pieces more quickly; Calc has roughly equivalent features to help point out the different types of data you're working with.
wolphination.com: How many times have you been stuck at work when the latest episode of a podcast such as LugRadio has become available for download, or the latest version of your favourite Linux distribution has been released? Wouldn’t it be really useful if you could access a server at home through your web browser and order it to download that file, so that it’s waiting for you when you get there?