polishlinux: The newest version of Wine (Windows API Linux emulator) allows one to run foobar2000 with most of its plugins in Linux. At last ColumnsUI works correctly! There are a few inconveniences, of course, but more on that later. Let’s check them then!
- Partitioning, Mount Points and other Gems in Ubuntu 7.10
- How To: Instal Asterisk Painlessly on OpenSUSE 10.3
- Python: How to access ssh with pexpect
- Howto Tweak Ubuntu
- How to Install Adobe Reader 8.1.1 on Debian Linux
This document describes how to install a Postfix mail server that is based on virtual users and domains, i.e. users and domains that are in a MySQL database.
blogs.pcworld.co.nz: My only niggle with the Kubuntu installation of the Konqueror file manager/web browser is the way the file manager defaults to Icon View. I'm a geek. I like Detailed List View and find myself forever clicking the change button to set DLV. This week I finally figured out how to fix that permanently.
felipe-alfaro.org: I decided to use FreeNX instead of NoMachine’s own implementation due to the instability of the latter. The process described in this post starts with the NoMachine’s binary components, downloadable from the Web, and then overwrites or replaces key components that are binary-only and closed with FreeNX’s open and free shell scripts, which provides much more flexibility.
tuxenclave: Changes are part of Nature so as with Technology.. Though this cannot be True for Windows and Mac cause the life cycle of a single Version is too much which is not the case with Linux. This guide will let you pimp your Ubuntu latest Gusty Gibbon i.e Ubuntu 7.10 .
- Howto Install Sofa Media Center in Ubuntu
- Bash Shell Check Whether a Directory is Empty or Not
- Creating simple transactions for shell scripts with mercurial
- Stop, Pause, and Continue A Linux Process
wine-review.blogspot: Microsoft DirectX is a collection of application programming interfaces for handling tasks related to multimedia, especially game programming and video, on Microsoft platforms.
- Ubuntu Guide For Windows Users: Display And Generate System Hardware Information
- Testing Connectivity with fping and send mail if any hosts are unreachable
- Gentoo Linux tutorial: Playing m4a song files in Amarok
- Root login ubuntu
- Change Hidden Settings with Ubuntu Tweak
- Installing KDE 4.0 RC1 in Kubuntu
raiden's realm: The primary reason for writing this is to help new users develop an understanding of the Linux file system commands. Not all of them, just some of the more common ones. Let's look at what they do and why I would need to use them, what not to do, what each thing means and what it's for.