phorolinux.com: Google has released Picasa 2.7 Beta for Linux. This HOWTO shows how you can install Picasa 2.7 Beta on Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon.
limulus.wordpress: The only real problem he had was watching a DVD. When you pop it into the drive in Ubuntu, Totem (the default media player) gives a rather unhelpful error message. OK, so how do we fix this?
computerworld.com: One of the hottest new technologies for servers is virtualization, which allows you to install multiple instances of one or more operating systems on one machine. This is ideal especially for servers with a low average load because, instead of configuring a separate physical box for every single instance of an operating system you need, you just run multiple instances of one or more operating systems on one machine. Unfortunately, it’s a jungle out there.
blogs.howtogeek.com: One of the things that has annoyed me most about GNOME as I've played with it lately is the lack of a clipboard manager comparable to Klipper on KDE. However, as I was looking for a package in Synaptic, I managed to come across a program that does the job quite well: Glipper.
sampletheweb.com: I’ve been combing over various guides and instructions online for installing Ubuntu on the Asus Eee PCmahalo, and I ran into a few kinks along the way since I don’t have a USB CD-ROM to install from and opted for a USB flash drive instead.
- Short Tip: Use bluetooth mobile phone as a mouse/pointer
- Easy TrueCrypt Handling Trough EasyCrypt
- Xubuntu + Compiz = Pretty pretty Xubuntu
- How to Enable or Disable Login Messages
- Update BIOS of Dell laptop with Ubuntu
- Video - installing Mplayer and the binary codecs
In this tutorial I will describe how to install and configure MyDNS and MyDNSConfig on Fedora 8.
- Taking Screenshots with Linux
- How do I find out my DHCP server address?
- Howto: Change Root’s Prompt to RED
commandline.org.uk: I have not finished everything I need to do so I am taking my new laptop with me over the Christmas holidays. This reminded me that it was about time that I encrypted my /home directory. In this article I will explain how I did it.
- Obtain some system statistics from vmstat
- Backing Up Data In Ubuntu Using sBackup
- Asus Eee - Accessing Windows and Linux Desktops Remotely
- Updating the Linksys BEFSR41 Router Firmware from GNU/Linux
- Ubuntu Guide For Windows Users: Manage Log File Size
- DLink Wireless card on Linux