Geek Pit: It's a common sysadmin task to want to change permissions on all the files and subdirectories under a top-level directory. You could just use the '-R' switch to chmod, but what if your files and directories need different permissions?
polishlinux: In this article we’re going to cover topics such as the basics of Linux file access rights, useful commands that allow you to manage file permissions, as well as numerical and special access modes.
- A newbies guide to Fdisk
- How-to Install Google Earth in Ubuntu
- Upgrading NVIDIA Drivers in Debian Lenny
- Linux Shell, Bash tutorial
- Using Mozilla Prism on Linux
- How to install deb packages
- Migrating mailman lists
- Shell Scripting 101
This tutorial shows how you can enable Compiz Fusion on an Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon) desktop (I am using an NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 graphics card). With Compiz Fusion you can use beautiful 3D effects like wobbly windows or a desktop cube on your desktop.
- How can I configure Firefox to use the KDE print system?
- schroot - chroot for any users
- OOo: Video Tutorial of Creating a Database and Simple Mail Merge
- Dangerous Linux Commands
- ffmpegmenu - transcode videos from your file manager
- HowTo: Display a Tree of Linux Processes
- Install Drupal 5.3 on Mandriva 2008 or One
telegraph.co.uk: This week we begin your Puppy training in earnest and we'll start by connecting to the Internet. If the PC you are running Puppy Linux has a connection through a router or Wi-Fi adaptor then it should be a breeze.
- Howto: 3 Easy Install Steps of Microsoft Fonts in Fedora 8
- Manipulate process priority with nice
- Livna Repository on Fedora 8
- Linux: Resetting a user’s password
- gOS on Walmart PC, try it out yourself
- Skype 2 ( Beta ) On OpenSUSE
- Using regular expressions in OpenOffice Calc filters
- Installing the Ubuntu Studio Theme
- Supercat Text Colorizer
- Vim tip - showing line numbers
readthisaloud.wordpress: Were you shocked as well when you found out that your Ubuntu (in my case Kubuntu Gutsy 7.10) wouldn’t playback DVD’s that you’ve LEGALLY purchased in shops or through Amazon?
richbradshaw.wordpress: bash is the default shell in many Linux distros, including Fedora, Ubuntu, Redhat etc etc. If you use a Linux based OS, then chances are that you are using bash. For this reason, I outline below a few common annoyances, and the simple ways to over come them.
polishlinux: The newest version of Wine (Windows API Linux emulator) allows one to run foobar2000 with most of its plugins in Linux. At last ColumnsUI works correctly! There are a few inconveniences, of course, but more on that later. Let’s check them then!