/home/liquidat: This howto shows how to install the Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 under Linux. While the howto is focussed on Fedora 8 it should work on all distributions.
rg03.wordpress: I recently became interested in the topic of digitalizing vinyl discs to copy the music my family had in that format to a digital storage like the hard drive in my PC, an iPod or a CD. I will try to condense here the knowledge I’ve been gathering after reading several websites and listening to several experts on TV and radio shows.
- Quick Tip: Smooth Fonts in Gnome and KDE
- HowTo: Thunar File Manager
- Ubuntu LiveCD Passwords
- Overview of Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon on the Dell 1501
- The WFTL Guide To IRC
- Making shell scripts executable via editor hooks
- Linux traffic analysis, quick and simple
- RHEL / CentOS Linux FTP Cron Job for automatic ftp backup
- How to redirect output toa file as well as stdout
- How To: Broadband Card Setup on SLED 10 SP1
- HowTo: Adobe Flash Player on Fedora 8
- MIT Kerberos installation on Debian
- HowTo Disable a User Account in Linux
- Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon) LAMP Server Setup
- A quick note about installing ut2004-ded in Gentoo
- Short Tip: Using Timidity to play midi files
- Eix: enhancing the Gentoo experience
- Animation Pipelines in Python, and the Linux Kernel: Woot!
DPotD: VirtualBox is a piece of software that uses virtualisation to simulate a PC. With it you can run Windows, Open BSD or even Linux from your Debian system. Since it also runs on Windows and Mac OS, you can use it to run Debian from that other non-free OS. Note however that it only works on x86 and x86_64 hosts.
vertito.blogspot: One hundred and thirteen Fedora linux games! Yes, you read it right, Linux game lovers, meet 113 Fedora graphical games. These games can be easily installed using RedHat/Fedora yum installation process and are all available from Fedora game repositories.
- How to configure webcam in Debian Linux
- Using one time passwords to temporarily open firewall ports
- Hacking RPMs with rpmrebuild
- Knock, Knock, Knockin' on EnGarde's Door (with FWKNP)
- USB PCLinuxOS 2007 install tutorial
linux.com: Recently, Gmail added IMAP support, giving the powerhouse email host the ability to interact better with third-party clients. And Google, being the friendly neighborhood do-gooder that it is, provided instructions on how to use IMAP with a variety of third-party clients. However, it forgot one popular client: KMail. Here's how you can integrate them.
This guide shows how you can create a Live-CD from your Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon or Linux Mint 4.0 system with a tool called remastersys.
- CLI Magic: Quick and easy backup with lftp
- Konqueror Tip: Saving the Window Size
- Taking Bash Completion to the Next Level
- Check Your Gmail Account with cGmail
- Getting Sound to work on your Ubuntu 7.10 installation on Lenovo Y410 Series laptop