linux.com: The Linux kernel includes support for performing RAID-1 in software. RAID-1 maintains the same filesystem on two or more disks, so that you can lose all but the last disk and still retain all of your data. This seems wonderful until you consider that an error in RAM, a power supply failure, or another hardware component in the machine can still potentially corrupt your precious data.
- Boost security by stopping these 10 Linux services on your server
- Save disk space - use compFUSEd to transparently compress filesystems
- Access your Gentoo calendar
- Realize the flexibility of OpenSSH
- How To Create An Ubuntu Repository Mirror on Ubuntu 8.04
- Ubuntu Mirror? What if I need it easy?
- How do I… Set up a printer using the Common UNIX Printing System?
- Making changes to an OpenOffice.org chart in Draw
- Webalizer - Apache web server log file analysis Tool
- Be in sync with your GMail Inbox with CheckGmail
This guide explains how to set up mod_geoip with Apache2 on a Fedora 9 system. mod_geoip looks up the IP address of the client end user. This allows you to redirect or block users based on their country. You can also use this technology for your OpenX (formerly known as OpenAds or phpAdsNew) ad server to allow geo targeting.
- How To Get Started With Logical Volume Management In Linux
- Linksys WPC54G ver. 1.2 with WPA on Hardy
- How To: Open a root terminal in Ubuntu
- Enable The Nautilus Advanced Permissions Dialog In Ubuntu 8.04
- How-To: Change Console Resolution
- Configuring PCLOS in console mode
- Filesystem & file organization in Linux
- Accessing Remember the Milk from your Ubuntu Desktop
- Finding The Number Of Open File Descriptors Per Process On Linux And Unix
blogs.ittoolbox.com: In the previous episode of Linux kernel compile secrets. Part 2. I went through various methods on collecting the hardware data necessary for configuring your kernel. Now comes the head scratching, brow furrowing and hair pulling time of deciding which options to choose. Now while I cannot go through every single choice in detail. I intend to highlight the important ones that can make or break your kernel.
- Cracking ubuntu 8.04 to work with nVidia 8200 chipset motherboard
- HowTo recompile Debian packages
- Creating a bootable USB from an iso
- Share files between 2 ubuntu computers
- KVM and Virt-Manager On Ubuntu 8.04
- Vim Tip: Save file with root permissions
This tutorial shows how you can set up an Ubuntu Studio 8.04 desktop that is a full-fledged replacement for a Windows desktop, i.e. that has all the software that people need to do the things they do on their Windows desktops.
- Howto: Enable circular scrolling and more on your laptops synaptics touchpad
- Screencasts in Ubuntu, part 2
- How to embed Lua 5.1 in C++
- How to enhance Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron eye-candy with Emerald Theme Manager
- How To Log Boot Messages in Ubuntu
- How To Install VMware Tools on Ubuntu 8.04 Guests
- Installing NVIDIA Drivers on openSUSE 11.0 & other Linux Distrubutions
- How to find a file and cd to its dirname using command substitution
- Ubuntu login workaround
- Find out what IPs are on your subnet
- install mp3 and mplayer on opensuse
- Using Perl To Handle Mass Mailing In Linux Or Unix
- How To Add a Welcome Message for SSH Users
- Run a command under a different environment