This tutorial shows how to set up an Ubuntu Hardy Heron (8.04 LTS) based server as a spamfilter in gateway mode. In the end, you will have a SpamSnake Gateway which will relay clean emails to your MTA.
- Install VMware Server 1.0.5 on Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy"
- How to send e-mail over SSH
- Fixing the OpenOffice.org grammar glitch in Ubuntu Hardy
- How-To Set Up A Serial Console On Ubuntu
- How-To Set Up A Serial Console On Debian
- How-To Set Up A Serial Console Client
- Getting Totem’s MythTV plugin to work
- debian etch + disable GDM at startup
- Installing LILO on Ubuntu
- Universal Plug and Play (uPnP) in Debian
- How to install Pidgin on Debian
- Howto Loop Movie, Video, and Display Screensaver as Desktop Wallpaper in Ubuntu
- Bringing your photos from F-Spot to the Web
- Setting up samba with password protection
- Top 5 Linux Tricks
- Configuring Linux Terminal to Work as a Transparent Wallpaper
- GRUB vs. the Inodes: Who Needs a Bootable System, Anyway?
- RPMs - The HOWTO Short Story
- Understanding XML in 10 seconds or less
- Howto: Install GRUB on a Floppy
- How-to Install Cairo-Dock
- KDE4: Getting GTK apps to look just right
- How To Install Elisa Media Center
- Resize Windows XP Partition with VMWare
linux.com: With all the Linux distributions available, trying out more than one can be tempting. By installing a virtual environment, you can run several operating systems on your machine, keeping them completely isolated from each other in their own sandboxes. Here's a look at how get started with three popular virtualization environments: VMware, VirtualBox, and QEMU.
This tutorial shows how you can set up a Kubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron) desktop that is a full-fledged replacement for a Windows desktop, i.e. that has all the software that people need to do the things they do on their Windows desktops.
This document describes step by step how to set up a Ubuntu 8.04 LTS (Hardy Heron) desktop. The result is a fast, secure and extendable system that provides all you need for daily work and entertainment.
- Answering package dependency questions using apt-cache and apt-rdepends
- Using awk to extract lines in a text file
- Workaround for Pink Shadows with Compiz
- Debugging with Nemiver
- Ricoh webcam under opensuse 10.3 on hp pavilion dv6000
- Three utilities for automatically converting audio for portable music players
- Bash Colors
- Learn to use the openssl command-line program
- Microdia (0c45:624f) webcam on Linux
- Setting up Beryl on Debian Etch
- CD/DVD install with no CD/DVD
- Gallium3D: Introduction