blog.hydrasystemsllc: For those of us who have traveled outside of the world of Microsoft Windows and into UNIX-like operating systems, we should already be somewhat familiar with the X Window System. Some of us even understand its full potential. Over the years, I have grown really fond of one specific command line utility and that is xrandr.
- A free, open-source Linux multimedia streamer
- How to Join the Ubuntu Community
- Creating an adhoc host with Ubuntu
- Taming the Wild Eee PC: Replacing the Operating System, Part 1
- The Detail Guide To Perform A Debian 5.0 Network Install
- 10 iptables rules to help secure your Linux box
- Aligning filesystems to an SSD’s erase block size
- Use netstat to See Internet Connections
- Using ntfs partitions from GNU/Linux
- Make Firefox flag secure web pages in Ubuntu and Mint
- Retheaming Ubuntu - Part 2
- Building OpenJDK under Ubuntu
Need to connect to a Windows server from a computer running GNU/Linux? pyNeighborhood gives you an easy and graphical way to do just that.
Read the full tutorial at Freesoftware Magazine.
This tutorial shows how to set up a Debian Lenny (Debian 5.0) server that offers all services needed by ISPs and hosters: Apache web server (SSL-capable), Postfix mail server with SMTP-AUTH and TLS, BIND DNS server, Proftpd FTP server, MySQL server, Courier POP3/IMAP, Quota, Firewall, etc.
- Per-Process Namespaces
- Duplicate your Ubuntu Installation....
- Fast access to frequently used directories
- How Linux Shuts Down
- bash completion: /dev/fd/62: No such file or directory
- Adding Custom Shortcuts to Gnome
- How to resolve the ‘/bin/rm: Argument list too long’ error
- Extract the MP3 Audio Portion of a Video
maximumpc.com: These days, most people have at least one computer and a large collection of media files. The conventional practice for most people has always been to have redundant copies of their media collection on their various computers. While this system technically works, it is highly inefficient.
- Linux Shell Tricks To Save You A Few Gray Hairs
- Run a command when not busy
- How to know which drivers you may need when configuring your Kernel
- Migrating from Outlook to Mozilla Thunderbird in Linux (part 1)
- Periodic Table of the Operators
- How to upgrade Debian Lenny to Squeeze
- Benchmark Your Computer with Debian 5 Lenny
- Upgrading a C# Mono Application on Gentoo Linux, Pt 3
cyberciti.biz: Debian version 5.0 has been released. It is recommended that you upgrade the system to latest version. Upgrading remote Debian server is a piece of cake. In this tutorial, you will learn.
There's a bug in virt-install and virt-manager on Ubuntu 8.10 that does not let you run Windows XP as a guest under KVM. During the Windows installation, the guest needs to be rebooted, and then you get the following error, and Windows XP refuses to boot: "A disk read error occured. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart".
- Opera 10: Remove ‘Click to activate’ on flash in Linux
- How to deny root ssh login
- Simple bash script to monitor your webserver remotely on different ports
- Howto Round Robin DNS on a Linux server
- Installing Webcams In Ubuntu: The Easy Way
- How to measure and read disk activity
- Command Line Image Editing with ImageMagick
- How to enable last.fm audioscrobbler for xmms2
- More about customization on Konsole
- Adding times to the history
- How to get a screenshot in linux using command line tools: xwininfo, convert.
- Migrating to Linux: Tip 1: Do DHCP and DNS first