screenage.de: So just before the first beta I finally updated my production machine to Hardy after feeling bad about not giving enough effort in testing for the last weeks. In one short sentence: It worked! In a longer sentence: It worked quite well, but…
- Linux Tip of the Day - cat a binary file, oops!
- Usage of Split command in Linux
- Post to Twitter from the Terminal Window
- File transfer between two machines running Ubuntu and using ssh
- Calculate big using bc
- Creating a Linux Terminal Media Server for Your Home PC’s
- Creating Encrypted USB Drives with TrueCrypt
- Howto Install Phatch cross-platform GUI Photo Batch Processor
- PIC Programming with Linux
- Set up a TFTP server for easy network boots and firmware upgrades
- Tip: Installing the Proprietary Nvidia Drivers on Mandriva
linux.com: Last month the TrueCrypt Foundation released TrueCrypt 5.0, which finally introduces a Linux GUI for the cross-platform encryption application. TrueCrypt 5.0's numerous other enhancements include a Mac OS X port, XTS operation mode, the ability to encrypt a system partition or drive under Windows, and the addition of the SHA-512 hash algorithm.
- How to install.rpm files in Ubuntu
- Prevent Accidental Deletion with rm -rf *
- USB gOS install from Windows
- How To Install KDE4 on Fedora 8
- Debian / Ubuntu Linux Find Out What Package Provides a File
- Speed Up Your System With Preload On Fedora 8
- HOWTO recover deleted files on an ext3 file system
- Answers to Linux Questions
- Canon i250 on Ubuntu 7.10
- Obscure Linux Commands: Some of My Favorite Incantations
- How do you check if your webcam is working properly?
- HowTo: Convert First Letter of Dir Folder to Uppercase
- Creating the debian-sys-maint MySQL account on a Debian or Ubuntu system
- Reading compressed Files
freesoftwaremagazine.com: For years now, I have been clinging to xdm as my display manager; years ago, I spent several days tweaking the configuration files of xbanner and xdm to get it to look “just so”, and I didn’t want to change it. But no more! I decided to spend a little time trying to get each display manager to look “right” with my original login screen design.
- HowTo Send a Command Through SSH to Several PCs Simultaneously
- Dstat - Versatile resource statistics tool
- How do I set the real time scheduling priority of a process?
- A Tutorial on Wget
- Make Your Own Plug ‘N Play Zone Using Ubuntu Linux!
- Getting Awn dock on Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon
- Running Fedora 8 on Legacy Windows XP
blogs.ittoolbox: One of the most common uses I use scripting for is parsing log files. You know, those incredibly verbose files that we should read to find out if we have been h4x0r3d or not. Unfortunately there is a lot of information in those logs that we are not interested in at the time. So we write scripts to filter out the required information.
- Downgrading from KDE 4.0.2 to KDE 4.0.1
- Hidden Linux : Fun with ISO images
- Install Firefox 3 Beta 4 in Ubuntu with One Command
- How to Set VMWare resolution fullscreen as your Ubuntu desktop
- HowTo: Convert First Letter of Text Line to Uppercase
- A try on current nouveau
- HowTo Integrate a Download Manager into Firefox