In this HowTo I will explain how to install and use KVM for running your services in virtual machines.
ubuntuguru.wordpress: Add some secret ninja power to your Ubuntu system today with Easy Crypt. With only a right click you can open or close a ‘top secret’ file, protected by military grade encryption (AES 512-bit Whirlpool). Easy Crypt is a cute little menu which brings the power of TrueCrypt to your system tray. No terminal commands necessary.
- Backup Ubuntu using rdiff-backup
- HowTo: Rename multiple files recursively
- HowTo: Determine RedHat and Fedora release version
Linux Journal: SoX is a power-packed command-line tool for various types of audio processing. It's very useful as an audio format converter, and it can be used for resampling audio files, converting between endianness, audio encoding and modifying other attributes of common audio file formats.
Raiden's Realm: For those who like to do a lot of work on the command line, or for those wanting a much simpler approach to taking desktop screenshots, there's scrot. Scrot is short for "screen shot" and is a command line tool for doing exactly that.
Geek Pit: It's a common sysadmin task to want to change permissions on all the files and subdirectories under a top-level directory. You could just use the '-R' switch to chmod, but what if your files and directories need different permissions?
polishlinux: In this article we’re going to cover topics such as the basics of Linux file access rights, useful commands that allow you to manage file permissions, as well as numerical and special access modes.
- A newbies guide to Fdisk
- How-to Install Google Earth in Ubuntu
- Upgrading NVIDIA Drivers in Debian Lenny
- Linux Shell, Bash tutorial
- Using Mozilla Prism on Linux
- How to install deb packages
- Migrating mailman lists
- Shell Scripting 101
This tutorial shows how you can enable Compiz Fusion on an Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon) desktop (I am using an NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 graphics card). With Compiz Fusion you can use beautiful 3D effects like wobbly windows or a desktop cube on your desktop.
- How can I configure Firefox to use the KDE print system?
- schroot - chroot for any users
- OOo: Video Tutorial of Creating a Database and Simple Mail Merge
- Dangerous Linux Commands
- ffmpegmenu - transcode videos from your file manager
- HowTo: Display a Tree of Linux Processes
- Install Drupal 5.3 on Mandriva 2008 or One