LinuxPlanet: Last week we made a music CD from a live digital recording the easy and simple way. Today we're going to fix volume levels and do graceful fades and transitions using Audacity and normalize.
linux.com: Joomla! is a well-known content management system, mature enough to be used by thousands of amateur and professional Web portals. Installation is a breeze and consists of six click-next steps. However, a default Joomla! installation is not necessarily a secure one, so let's see how we can protect our portal from potential attackers.
- personal Ubuntu speed up tweak guide
- How to find your UUID’s for devices in Ubuntu
- FTP Server setup with TLS (Transport Layer Security) on Debian
- Setting the default fonts for OpenOffice Writer
- Tips for successful Kernel Recompilation in Linux
- Bullet proof your server #2 - SSH
- ISO Master: CD Image Editor for Linux
- Howto Setup iTunes-compatible Media server in Ubuntu
tombuntu.com: When you customized your Ubuntu desktop to replace the brown theme, you may have overlooked the login window. GNOME’s login window, called GDM (GNOME Display Manager), can be easily customized by installing themes.
raiden's realm: Ever had something you wanted to leave running on your system, but needed to have it automatically shutdown at a certain time, yet it has no ability to do that on its own? Enter the "auto kill" trick.
- How to Start KControl on Kubuntu
- Enterprise streaming media? Sure, and on virtual Linux systems!
- Make Your Own Passport Size Photos (using GIMP)
- Adding A Dynamic Desktop To Your Ubuntu
- TPT(Tiny Python Tip): Python for Bash Scripters
- Quick Tip: Transparent Terminal in Gnome Background
- Starting programs automatically at startup in Gnome
- Bullet proof your server #1 - Apache
- How to change the background color of your screen in Ubuntu
- Mount ISO Image File (.ISO) with Gmount-iso
- From dual boot to virtual machine with Ubuntu and Windows
- Essential Command Line Apps For Common Tasks
- Get the Correct 60Hz Refresh Rate with nVidia Driver on LCDs
- Prevent Ubuntu asking for the CD to install packages
- ThinkPad X61 Tablet and Ubuntu Hardy Heron
- Top Tech of 2007: Ubuntu Linux
- 2008: The Year that MS Loses the Notebook Wars?
- GnuPG Celebrates 10 Years
- The migration of a fussy Windows user to Linux
- Linus Torvalds: Linux Put Open-Source in the Spotlight
- Oxygen Cursors in Action!