- Validating an IP Address in a Bash Script
- How to use Wget to download a file needs password for downloading
- How To Install and Configure Avant Window Navigator for Ubuntu
- Printing with openSUSE 11 (and HOW-TO install MS fonts)
- How to save time and traffic upgrading with apt-proxy
- Some usability tricks and tips
This tutorial shows how you can set up a Linux Mint 5 Elyssa R1 desktop that is a full-fledged replacement for a Windows desktop, i.e. that has all the software that people need to do the things they do on their Windows desktops.
- Ripping Videos for MythTV with AcidRip
- Setting up your Huawei E220 3G USB Device on Ubuntu
- Linux Security: Easy as 1-2-3
- Easy RPM packet preparation
- Changing the GRUB background in openSUSE
- Linux Lessons : Installing to USB/CD
- 8 Most Useful Commands and Keyboard Shortcuts Linux Newbies Should Know
- Build your own ultimate boot disc
- Quickzi: How To Delete Bash History
- Locking Down Xubuntu LTSP
- Firefox 3 Tips & Tricks
- Quick documents from the desktop
- How to personalize a package’s CFLAGS in Gentoo
- Resolve Windows (Netbios) Hostname in Ubuntu
- Simple Perl Script To Ease Console Server Use On Linux And Unix
- How to install Mplayer codecs in openSUSE 11-x86_64
- Chroot users with OpenSSH: An easier way to confine users to their home directories
- Booting of a Live CD without a CD or an Emulator
- Adding XFS Support to RHEL5
- How to scan and OCR like a pro with open source tools
- Linux And Unix System Security Wrap-Up - Part 4b
- Vi Search and Replace
- Ubuntu Hardy: How To Disable Synaptics Touchpad When Typing
- Monitoring network performance with speedometer
- Development with Pluggable Authentication Modules (PAM)
- Quickzi: How To Add a Line into the middle of a Text File
- Making Music (Beats) on Linux/Ubuntu with Hydrogen
packtpub.com: As furniture is a key element, every item of furniture that we add to the scene increases the level of detail, and the sense of realism. We can classify furniture into two : internal and external furniture. With the first type, we have all the objects that populate our interior scenes such as sofas, beds, and chairs. The second type refers to items of urban furniture such as cars, fountains, and fences.
linuxfoundation.org: The purpose of this essay is to illustrate by example the strengths and weaknesses of the open source development model versus the binary driver one. The three graphics drivers in question are Intel, ATI and Nvidia. Between them they account for a majority of the graphics market.
fosswire.com: There are two kinds of fast in programming: Fast to code and fast to run. 3D applications and games are known to be speedy. But the time it takes to write and understand the code behind it? Not so much. On the flipside, many abstraction layers designed to make coding easier usually aren’t very efficient. So where’s the median?
- Debian: using chroot ubuntu
- Networking with Ubuntu 8.04 and Windows Part 1
- Monitoring with Munin
- How about some WINE with your Linux?
- HowTo: Using SCP
- Install VMware Tools In Ubuntu
- Enabling Media Keys
- Using apt in an RPM world
- Quickly surveying free disk space on UNIX and Linux
- Mandriva 2008 - How to configure Broadcom BCM94311MCG
- Mandriva Linux Upgrades from Repositories Using urpmi
pcmag.com: Like Windows, Linux allows multiple user accounts on the same installation. Each account limits its user in specific ways—folder and hardware access, settings control, and so on.