- Running KDE4 (Final) on Mandriva 2008
- addrepo - Easiest way to add APT repositories
- Extract NT Backup Files in Linux Using mtftar
- DFSG = Debian Free Software Guidelines
- How to install MS Font in Linux
- Getting BBC iPlayer going on Ubuntu
- Ubuntu contrast
- VYM (View Your Mind): Easy mind mapping and drafting tool
This tutorial explains how to turn an old PC with additional hard disks into a simple home file server. The file server is intended for home use. The home fi
softpedia.com: Starting from last night, Photoshop CS2 can now be installed easily by using Wine... on any Linux distribution! "Photoshop CS/CS2 should now work, please help us testing it" - said the wonderful people behind the Wine project.
- Use tcpdump for network debugging
- Theme GNOME Apps Running in KDE 4.0
- How to Easily Improve/Enhance Font Rendering in Xubuntu
- Can you get cp to give a progress bar like wget?
- Linux commands for “What is taking up all my space?”
- Apt-file: Providing apt’s answer to rpm -qf
- How to get root access in recovery mode if sudo is broken (Ubuntu)
- Linux Perl Script To Graph Out Paging, Memory and CPU
element14.wordpress: Adopt 10 good habits that improve your UNIX® command line efficiency — and break away from bad usage patterns in the process. This article takes you step-by-step through several good, but too often neglected, techniques for command-line operations. Learn about common errors and how to overcome them, so you can learn exactly why these UNIX habits are worth picking up.
Tip o’ the Day: Windows users can use RDP or VNC for tech support, troubleshooting, or presentations. Linux folk have X11 or VNC. But what about command line screen sharing on a machine with no X server installed? What if the only immediate access you and your partner share is ssh?
linux.com: The Apache Web server (Apache) comes with a powerful logging framework. In the default configuration, Apache logs all errors to an error log and all access requests to an access log. The default level of logging is sufficient for analyzing traffic patterns and for getting basic information about errors, but it may be inadequate for troubleshooting purposes. Familiarity with all the logging features can help you troubleshoot the Web server or applications hosted on Apache.
Serdar Yegulalp: Whether you want to customize Knoppix, respin an existing distribution of the open-source operating system, like Puppy Linux, or are intent on creating your own package from scratch, we'll walk you through the process.
Using FFMpeg it is relatively simple to query an existing video file to find details such as video codec, audio codec, bitrates, duration and dimensions.
linux.com: Hard-working KDE Input/Output (KIO) slaves perform much of KDE's functionality. KIO slaves provide consistent access to different resources, such as filesystems, network protocols, and search functions, making them accessible to all KDE applications in a standard way.