polygon.com: Valve is expanding its Linux for Steam beta by inviting 5,000 more testers before the U.S. Thanksgiving holiday weekend kicks in, the company announced today.
phoronix.com: While this week marks one year since the Doom 3 (id Tech 4) game engine was open-sourced under the GPL, there still isn't too much adoption by open-source game developers.
- Learn to Play Guitar on Linux with Nootka 0.8.4 RC1
- Egosoft Porting X Series Game To Linux
- The Best Driving Games and Car Games on Linux
- The Critter Chronicles, a Beautiful Adventure Game, Out on Linux in December
- Indie Game Oniken Gets A GNU/Linux Version
- System76 Launch 17″ Ubuntu Gaming Laptop, Dub it ‘Worlds Fastest’
beginlinux.com: There are thousands of games for Linux, but where to start? I started as someone new to Linux might – I fired up the Ubuntu Software Centre and looked for some well-rated games to try on the list.
phoronix.com: An Arch Linux developer is concerned about the re-packaged Steam Linux binary being there without the explicit consent of Valve.
- Steam First Hands On | LAS | s24e05
- Valve Is Working On A New Game Engine
- More Steam Linux Games to Pick Up
cinemablend.com: Starting to see a pattern here, folks? Additional bans have gone out and this time a Linux web portal is getting involved since none of the Linux users are getting help from Blizzard.
- Absolutely Amazing Ubuntu Alternatives
- Linux Foundation Sponsors Now Includes Microsoft?
- Made in Hong Kong: Linux rising in China?
- Big-time gaming coming to Linux
- Steam Closed Beta Finally Launches On Linux
- Mozilla Foundation to Pay $1.5 Million to Settle Up with the IRS
- HP ponies up bigger bucks for Linux Foundation
- OLinuXino A13: A tiny open source computer for under $60
- KDE 'annoys the hell out of' Linus Torvalds
- Fighting with Spam in Linux
- The time is right for an open source Ubuntu tablet OS
- NVIDIA gets a little help from Valve with Drivers
- Valve Engineer Drew Bliss Explains Why They Favor Linux Over Windows
- Open Source Ubuntu OS Makes Strides in Emerging Markets
davestechsupport.com: Recently, Valve made an announcement that it will be porting Steam to Linux (with official support for Ubuntu Linux in particular) and is entering the Beta Testing phase as I write this. I believe Valve’s long term goal is to use Ubuntu as the basis for a new console system, similar to the Xbox.
- Force: Leashed - GPL First-Person Gravity Not-Like-Portal
- Steam’s Linux beta will include Portal, Team Fortress 2, and Serious Sam 3
- Half Life 3 Will Have Linux Support When They Actually Make It
- Blizzard Caught In A Lie: Support Says They Didn't Test Diablo 3 For Linux Exploits
- Valve Talks Linux Gaming At The Ubuntu Summit