skuggen.com: Heard about the console Pandora? Made by computer geeks who want the ultimate portable gaming console. This hobby project has just begun mass-producing and the dream is becoming real.
dedoimedo.com: Enjoy, the 10 Linux commandments, Bible style (old testament):
This week in Distrowatch Weekly:
- Reviews: Trying on sidux
- News: Arch's new release process, Gentoo Wiki, group test of lightweight distributions, EmErgE's live DVD with 15 distributions, North Korea's Red Star Linux
- Questions and answers: Games for Linux
- Released last week: DragonFly BSD 2.6.1, Calculate Linux 10.4, MOPSLinux 7.0
- Upcoming releases: Ubuntu 10.10 release schedule, Fedora 13 Beta
- New distributions: Metamorphose Linux, Itis Linux, Netlive, QubesOS
- Reader comments
This and more in this week's Distrowatch Weekly.
itwire.com: Most folk know if they want a secure gateway between the Internet and their home or business they should use Linux for maximum protection. The new IPFire distribution seeks to take security to the highest level.
debian.org/News: Welcome to this year's first issue of DPN, the newsletter for the Debian community. Topics covered in this issue include:
toolbox.com/blogs: One thing I have noticed on just about all windows installed computers outside of my strict control is that they are full of viruses, spyware and there are more programs installed than they know what to do with.
Lighttpd is a web server with a fast growing user base. This howto will demonstrate how redirects can be done based on the language of the user's browser.
openbytes.wordpress: Code named Albedo, its an Ubuntu based distro, but before I hear groans about “another product derived from Ubuntu” let me explain some important differences.
cristalinux.blogspot: When I wrote my Windows 7 vs. Ubuntu 10.04 Beta ARTICLE several days ago, I rated Ubuntu higher than Windows in terms of security. In hindsight, I think I was perhaps assuming certain bits and pieces, as well as maybe not thoroughly explaining why I thought that was the case.
- Asus Eee Nettop Available With Red Flag Linux Pre Installed
- Android on x86: report