linuxbsdos.com: ClearOS is a network and gateway server distribution derived from RedHat and CentOS. Formerly known as Clark Connect, it is developed and maintained by the Clear Foundation, an IT solutions provider based in Wellington, New Zealand.
linuxinexile.blogspot: Fedora 13beta was released a few days ago, and since I'm on vacation this week, I grabbed it right away and installed it on my USB flash drive that boots Linux. I thought I'd post my first impressions:
Also: Desktop Enhancements in Fedora 13
Learn how to use inotify functions for a simple monitoring app. Download the sample code and Use inotify when you need efficient, fine-grained, asynchronous monitoring of Linux file system events. Use it for user-space monitoring for security, performance, or other purposes.
phoronix.com: One of the benefits of Btrfs besides offering competitive performance against other Linux file-systems and SSD optimizations is its support for sub-volumes and writable snapshots. While Btrfs is still in development and is not yet used as a default file-system by any Linux distribution, Red Hat has been introducing support for system rollbacks into Fedora.
itwire.com: Senior developer Stefano Zacchiroli has been elected the leader of the Debian GNU/Linux project for 2010-11, having defeated the other three candidates in the race.
junauza.com: After posting the 15 Cool and Unique Linux Desktop Workspaces, I decided to officially launch today "The $100.00 (USD) Coolest Linux Workspace Contest".
lwn.net: I have been looking forward to the release of SimplyMepis 8.5 for at least six months. It was a long hard wait, but the opportunity finally arrived on March 30 with the release of SimplyMepis 8.5.
- DSI: Space Invaders lives again
- Bootchart of Archlinux
- 3% of open source software ever created use Apache Commons libraries
- Options Alert for Red Hat Inc
- dstat - Versatile resource statistics tool
- Bombono DVD - Easy to use program for making DVD video discs
- The Life Expectancy of Linux
- Packages Installed with apt-get kubuntu-desktop
- A new game for Linux - Out of the Park Baseball
- Why Hasn't Linux Been More Successful? Blame Ubuntu?
- In loving memories: Phil Lavigna (1963-2010)
- Linux Link Tech Show #349 - Apr 15
- TuxRadar Podcast S2E6 - Pink Ponies, naturally
linuxfoundation.org: Collabora’s team of open source development veterans will contribute to MeeGo project
ghabuntu.com: We've already been talking about the number of Linux distributions, and the cost, in terms of confusion that so much freedom can bring. Today I'd like to see the distributions number with a little of humor: