linuxuser.co.uk: If you’re looking for an original take on small-form-factor open source computing then you’ve come to the right place…
garryconn.com: I am not a very experienced linux user by any means. Over the last year I have tried a slew of different Linux distributions. My two favorites are Ubuntu and Debian.
phoronix.com: While Intel is often looked at as being the most Linux and open-source friendly company among the major IHVs, as shown today in Intel's Linux Sandy Bridge Graphics Still Troubling, even in 2011 there are still serious Linux hardware issues to overcome.
linuxmigrante.blogspot: When talking about old computers and a Linux distro to make them usable again, most people think "Puppy Linux." However, there might be people who might not be comfortable with Puppy. So, for those who don't feel comfortable with Puppy there is an alternative...GALPon MiniNO Linux.
- Cybercom Group Joins Linux Foundation
- Nexenta Systems Joins Open Invention Network as a Licensee
- Gevent Joins the Software Freedom Conservancy
the lca2011 team: Some great news - the lca2011 team and Linux Australia have made a joint decision that lca2011 will go ahead!
desktoplinuxreviews.com: It’s been quite a while since I last looked at MoonOS. The last review covered version 3.0, this time around it’s MoonOS 4.0. MoonOS is another Ubuntu-based derivative, so if Ubuntu appeals to you then MoonOS 4 might be right up your alley.
- Reviews: Introducing Zorin OS 4
- News: The Arch way, Debian installer RC, SimplyMEPIS boot problems, Ubuntu Unity 2D, Mint on Banshee, OpenIndiana release proposal, PC-BSD 2011 plans
- Statistics: OSDisc.com sales in 2009 and 2010
- Questions and answers: Creating a swap file
- Released last week: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.6, DEFT Linux 6, PelicanHPC 2.3
- Upcoming releases: Pardus Linux 2011, openSUSE 11.3 Milestone 6
- New distributions: KeeP-OS, Parsidora, Porteus, Sn0w L1nuX
- Reader comments
theregister.co.uk: Martha Lane Fox is promising £98 computers to tempt the last remaining digital refuseniks in UK to get online.