- Reviews: Thoughts on inverted jellyfish, or my week with SimplyMEPIS 11.0
- News: Best features in Fedora 15, prolonging agony of Linux Mint, Mageia 1 ready for launch, interview with Mark Shuttleworth, Gentoo weekly newsletter, Tiny Core Linux GUI installer
- Questions and answers: LibreOffice versus OpenOffice.org
- Released last week: Fedora 15, Linux Mint 11, Zenwalk Linux 7.0 "GNOME"
- Upcoming releases: Mageia 1, Ubuntu 11.10 Alpha 1
- New additions: Suriyan
- New distributions: AnikOS, Zenix OS
- Reader comments
Read more in this week's issue of DistroWatch Weekly....
scottnesbitt.net: Lately, I’ve been running into a bit of a problem. My main laptop is getting old. I’ve had it for over four years and while it’s definitely not ready for the scrapheap, I’ve really begun to outgrow it.
dedoimedo.com: I took Fedora's fifteenth release for a spin this week to see what it can or can't do. Since it comes with Gnome 3, this ought to be a spicy challenge. My expectations were lukewarm.
linuxmigrante.blogspot: After my antiX installation, I've been exploring my new system and I have to say that, as they call it, it is "lean and mean"!
kmandla.wordpress.com: It’s a tiny bit ironic that a day after I harass high-end distros for possibly lowering the bar too much, I show a screenshot of Fedora 15.
linuxbsdos.com: Fedora 15 Xfce is a Fedora 15 Spin. In Fedoraland, a Spin is an alternate edition of Fedora, “tailored for various types of users via hand-picked application sets and other customizations.” This article presents a review of the Xfce spin.
ubuntuvibes.com: A System running Fedora with KDE SC 4 was spotted on 'Doctor Who Confidential' episode broadcast this saturday in UK.
omgubuntu.co.uk: Reader Dexter S. was watching TV when a commercial for ‘Fruit Loops’ cereal flashed up on his screen with a rather familiar face in tow…
globes.co.il: Richard Stallman bowed to pressure from his Palestinian hosts who threatened to withdraw funding for the trip.