investors.com: Cloud computing has been compared to an electricity grid, mainly because end users can access power and services without having to set up and run the infrastructure.
linuxuser.co.uk: As is the case every month, Jon Masters looks at the latest developments in the Linux kernel community, including work on new architecture and ABI support, not to mention Kernel.org disruptions…
landorsplace.org: As long as it doesn’t change! That’s what it feels like from everyone who wants GNU/Linux to be used. I’m in a group that’s considered outdated at best because I think everyone should know the command line, and how to really get things done. Yet, not once did I ever knock GUIs.
larrythefreesoftwareguy.wordpress: Beefy Miracle was chosen as the release name for the May 2012 edition of Fedora. Being a man of my word, here is my version of the song.
- Fedora 17 is the Beefy Miracle
- Testing Fedora 16 "Verne" - Beta
- Fedora 16 Review with screenshots
- Thoughts on being an upstream
- Red Hat Approaches New Upside Target of $44.40
h-online.com: Kernel version 3.1 will probably be released in the next few days. After a break of more than four weeks, Greg Kroah-Hartman has released new stable kernels.
- Best Use for an Old Laptop: TinyCore Linux
- Tiny Core 4.0 Put Together Your Own Desktop
This week in DistroWatch Weekly:
- Reviews: OpenIndiana - back and better
- News: Red Hat has its head in the clouds, kernel.org is back on-line and Ubuntu is trying to attract more app developers
- Questions and answers: A look behind the curtain, part 2
- Released last week: Parted Magic 6.7, AgiliaLinux 8.0.0. Zentyal 2.2-1
- Reader comments
Read more in this week's issue of DistroWatch Weekly....
- Red Hat
- Red Hat will wait on Progress
- Triangle CEOs back tax break
- Video: Red Hat on CNBC's Mad Money
- Red Hat Pays 136 Million To Enter Cloud Storage Space. Why?
zdnet.co.uk: I have been asked by several people recently, both through here and privately, about the steps involved and the decisions to be made in converting a PC running Windows to Linux.