- IBM and Linux: just a strategic interest
- Of patents, open source, and IBM
- The patents used by IBM against Hercules are a threat to several major FOSS projects
linuxfoundation.org (PR): The Linux Foundation today announced that Berkeley, Calif.-based professional audio equipment manufacturer, Meyer Sound Laboratories, is its newest member.
- Fedora 13 Beta Release tomorrow
- Graphics Test Week coming up: April 13th to 15th
- Fedora research survey: LAST CALL! Smile
- Windows, Red Hat Linux dominate in the data center
- Allegheny first-years dive into Fedora
tcs-security-blanket.blogspot: LINUX FILE SYSTEMS are an essential operating system resource. Modern file systems and disk drive technology are robust and reliable — so, most administrators put little effort into planning or worrying about them once the operating system is configured. This makes me both smile and cringe.
skuggen.com: Heard about the console Pandora? Made by computer geeks who want the ultimate portable gaming console. This hobby project has just begun mass-producing and the dream is becoming real.
dedoimedo.com: Enjoy, the 10 Linux commandments, Bible style (old testament):
This week in Distrowatch Weekly:
- Reviews: Trying on sidux
- News: Arch's new release process, Gentoo Wiki, group test of lightweight distributions, EmErgE's live DVD with 15 distributions, North Korea's Red Star Linux
- Questions and answers: Games for Linux
- Released last week: DragonFly BSD 2.6.1, Calculate Linux 10.4, MOPSLinux 7.0
- Upcoming releases: Ubuntu 10.10 release schedule, Fedora 13 Beta
- New distributions: Metamorphose Linux, Itis Linux, Netlive, QubesOS
- Reader comments
This and more in this week's Distrowatch Weekly.
itwire.com: Most folk know if they want a secure gateway between the Internet and their home or business they should use Linux for maximum protection. The new IPFire distribution seeks to take security to the highest level.
debian.org/News: Welcome to this year's first issue of DPN, the newsletter for the Debian community. Topics covered in this issue include:
toolbox.com/blogs: One thing I have noticed on just about all windows installed computers outside of my strict control is that they are full of viruses, spyware and there are more programs installed than they know what to do with.