itworld.com: Identity, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder, and can vary from different perspectives. I, for instance, look at my mother and see... my mother. But I know that there's thousands of people out in the world who see her as their teacher, or their child's teacher.
This week in DistroWatch Weekly:
- Interviews: OpenBSD's Stefan Sperling
- News: Mandriva CEO on company situation, BLAG gets revived with new alpha, Pioneer Linux closes shop, APT and RPM package management
- Questions and answers: Linux adoption
- Released last week: PCLinuxOS 2010 "Openbox", Puppy Linux 5.0, CentOS 5.5
- Upcoming releases: Linux Mint 9, OpenBSD 4.7, Mandriva Linux 2010.1 RC
- New additions: Peppermint OS
- New distributions: OwnOS CreativeSuite, Xin
- Reader comments
Read more in this week's issue of DistroWatch Weekly....
itlure.com: Puppy Linux is, by far, my favorite super-lightweight Linux distribution out there. Though lacking some features that exist in the distro giants, the sheer speed and responsiveness of it are amazing. Not to mention the hundreds of tiny little applications that do a great job of handling all sorts of tasks.
rich0gentoo.wordpress: After all the buzz about btrfs and Ubuntu I figured I’d try experimenting with it a little. So, how did it go?
- Linux 2.6.34 Kernel Released! Time For 2.6.35
- What's new in Linux 2.6.34
cristalinux.blogspot: While we wait for the release of some of the major distros' mid year upgrades, I thought I'd present a new Linux flavor which looks and performs very well: Peppermint OS.
ghacks.net: One of the issues I come across often is how Linux is perceived and what it needs to do to continue to grow. It’s a very complex issue based on a lot of pre-determined opinions and deeply embedded history.
pclinuxos2007.blogspot: Debian Stable has a bad reputation of being little obsolete. It's never able to catch up with time. But I don't buy to the view that Debian Stable is outdated.
linux-magazine.com: As you might have guessed, I have a lot of Linux-based T-shirts....a LOT of them. And I enjoy wearing those T-shirts. From time to time wearing the image of Tux encourages strangers who would normally never say anything to strike up a conversation.
- 4 Netbook Operating Systems Worth Checking Out
- Peppermint: Just like any other Lubuntu, only more so