VDrift, TORCS and SuperTuxKart are 3 free, open source car racing games which run on Windows, Linux and MacOSX.
blog.internetnews.com: Torvalds has never really been a fan of the vendor-sec list. Vendor-sec is supposed to be a vendor only list that is not publicly available. It's supposed to ensure that vendors will have the time they need to make fixes.
h-online.com: The experimental file system Btrfs, billed as the "next generation file system for Linux", should now be even faster. Libata drivers for IDE/PATA adaptors are pushing aside the IDE subsystem.
makeuseof.com: Ubuntu has been heralded by many as the apogee of the user-friendly, consumer driven Linux distribution. But what if there was an even better alternative?
This week in DistroWatch Weekly:
- Report: The status of Intel video drivers for Linux
- Tips and tricks: Running Fedora "Rawhide"
- News: Ubuntu updates netbook remix interface, Novell assigns dedicated openSUSE team, FreeBSD sprints towards next release, LWN analyses recent CentOS troubles, updates on Foresight Linux and GoboLinux
- Released last week: Parted Magic 4.4, Linux From Scratch 6.5
- Upcoming releases: Fedora 12 Alpha, Mandriva Linux 2010 Beta
- New additions: Dragora GNU/Linux, Firefly Linux
- New distributions: PenaOS
- Reader comments
Read more in this week's issue of DistroWatch Weekly....
blog.internetnews.com: The Debian Linux distribution celebrates its 16th anniversary this week (official birthday is: August 16, 1993). It sure has been an interesting ride.
businesswire.com (PR): Red Hat, Inc. today announced the five regional winners of its annual Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) of the Year contest.
dissociatedpress.net (zonker): LinuxWorld Expo was one of the first shows that I went to when I started working in the Linux industry. That was way back in the day when it was crazy talk to think that Linux would go anywhere and we were all (it seemed) 29 years old and full of optimism and enthusiasm.
zawya.com (PR): Bahrain-based Hilal Computers has strengthened its partnership with Red Hat, the world's leading provider of open source solutions, with an agreement signed recently at the company's headquarters.