itwire.com: Six months have gone by since Windows 8 hit the market and it looks like Linux distributions - at least the better-known ones - are still struggling to ensure that they can live side by side with this operating system.
ostatic.com: It wasn't two weeks ago that news broke of Fuduntu's imminent demise, but was softened a bit by promises of support and one more release. But today brought a more dire announcement.
h-online.com: The Linux kernel is finally able to use SSDs as hard-disk cache. Changes to the network subsystem promise to improve the way server jobs are distributed across multiple processor cores. Linux 3.9 also includes drivers for new AMD graphics chips and soon-expected Wi-Fi components from Intel.
- One Of The Most Important Tools In Linux – Understanding Chmod
- How to Wi-Fi Connect to the Internet With Puppy Linux
- Automotive Grade Linux
- Linux Stickers at UnixStuff
- The Good & Bad Of Btrfs In A Production World
- The Linux Setup - John Browning, Engadget
- Hands-on Leaked Builds of Windows Blue 8.1
- Linux Outlaws 308 – Airtight
linuxuser.co.uk: An enlightened versions of Ubuntu, Bodhi is an incredibly lightweight and highly customisable distro using Canonical’s base. Is Bodhi crippled from this, or much better?
darkduck.com: I had been divorced a few years earlier, had a lot of time on my own and Linux came as a heaven-sent to take my mind off the blues I still had. Dark thoughts had been on my mind but Linux saved my life!
computerworld.com: Trisquel is a 100 per cent 'free as in free speech' GNU/Linux distribution started by Rubén Rodríguez Pérez nine years ago.
- Will there ever be a perfect operating system?
- Running Slackware-Current
- OpenSuSE 12.3 – the Cheater
- elementary OS 0.2 review - Uphill
- Review: Fuduntu 2013.2
- North by (Linux Fest) Northwest
- Fedora 19 Alpha Version Arrives
- This week in rawhide 2013-04-23 edition
- Mandriva Business Server gets updates
- Lightweight openSUSE: LXDE Desktop From Scratch
- Fedora 19 Sneak Peek
- ROSA ABF 2.0
- Release date for Wheezy announced
- Manjaro: A Convenient Way To Play With Arch
linux.com: Linux has been pretty successful and the TEDx audience was eager to learn how it has achieved such success and how they could apply some of the Linux community's best practices to their own work. In true Zemlin style, the lessons seemed a little surprising at first.