earthweb.com: Enterprise Linux is the open source Linux operating system used by corporate and SMB clients for servers, desktops, workstations and mobile deployments. Enterprise Linux has become increasingly popular due to cost and customizability factors.
raiden.net: In the open source world, there are two kinds of freedom. There is software that is free as in beer, a mysterious phrase that relates to something which costs no money. Less common, though, is software that fits the second type of freedom, "free as in speech".
zdnetasia.com: Linux server adoption among small and midsize businesses (SMBs) is reportedly 25 percent higher in the Asia-Pacific region than it is in the United States.
linuxinsider.com: Sure Linux is great IF all your hardware is supported and IF no updates bork anything, but I find that about as likely as WinME machines that don't crash," said Slashdot blogger hairyfeet.
linuxmint.com: I’m posting about the artwork again to follow-up on the contest and the desktop backgrounds for Linux Mint 9.
linuxcritic.wordpress: We frequently bemoan the fact that others don’t know what we do about the reality of Linux on the desktop, and we seem to be hampered by difficulties in spreading the word outside our own circles. Recently, I was able to get outside the circle of Linux users and perform a live demonstration of Linux (and LXDE) to a group of professionals in a conference setting.
This week in DistroWatch Weekly:
- Reviews: Gazing at Scientific Linux
- News: On first beta of RHEL 6, hidden features in Fedora 13, Edubuntu 10.04 improvements, new SimplyMEPIS USB images, the end of Xandros Desktop
- Questions and answers: Release cycles
- Released last week: PCLinuxOS 2010, Macpup Opera 2.0
- Upcoming releases: Ubuntu 10.04, openSUSE 11.3 Milestone 6
- New distributions: GnackTrack, Kappan OS, MaheshaBSD, MeeGo
- Reader comments
Read more in this week's issue of DistroWatch Weekly....
zdnet.com/perlow: It was simply a matter of time before Linux became my primary operating system. My most recent malware incident was the final straw that sent me into welcoming and safe haven of Ubuntu.
- Keeping up with everyone (& free Fedora Blogs)
- A peek into Fedora 13beta
- How to Install the RPM Package in Fedora
blogs.techrepublic.com: Recently I was involved with a conversation on a Linux mailing list regarding the current state of the operating system. Outside of all the gladhanding and back patting (well deserved I must say), one of the issues that was brought up was emulation.