h-online.com: The tool collection util-linux has been extended to include resizepart, a utility that is useful when repartitioning. Some X.org graphics drivers now support hybrid graphics. The infrastructure to support UEFI Secure Boot is maturing.
unixmen.com: Warren Woodford is the man behind MEPIS, one of the first ever GNU/Linux distributions that tried to be more friendly to the user. In this quick interview he talks about the distribution market, the different strategies that are followed and his opinion on what all distributions should do in order for the Linux desktop to grow and prosper.
ostatic.com: SimplyMEPIS 12 Alpha 2 was released earlier today with Warren's usual brief statement that basically says, I've released it. Although more clues as to the new goodies did appear in discussions. This sounds like one to boot.
freshtutorial.com: Ubuntu or Linux Mint. This is the question most people ask me when they set mind to install first Linux distribution in their machine.
gnome.org/~michael: My punch-line is that the Linux Desktop faces a huge and multi-factored ecosystem challenge, there is no single simple issue to fix. Over the last decade I've been peripherally involved in trying to tackle many of the problems in this area.
Welcome to this year's 37th issue of DistroWatch Weekly! This has been another exciting week in the world of Linux. The openSUSE project has release version 12.2 of its distribution. Another fascinating release comes from the Qubes OS project which attempts to improve desktop security...
linuxinsider.com: Few would deny that the Seven Heavenly Virtues are all characteristics worth striving for, but lately the Linux blogosphere has afforded more than a few shining examples. Linux Girl would like to highlight two of them.
batsov.com: A little more than an year ago I wrote my rant post The Linux Desktop Experience is Killing Linux on the Desktop and for the first time in 8 years I wasn’t a desktop Linux user anymore.
- The History of Linux
- First Attempt At Linux Kernel Secure Boot Support
- Linux Multi-Monitor Support Could Be Improved
- 10 Linux Strip Command Examples
- Use head and tail to read text files
- Going Linux #183
- OpenSuse 12.2 Screenshots
- Trisquel GNU Linux, the “most Free” Gnome Distro
- OpenSUSE 12.2 Gnome Review: Simple, elegant, stable
- Fedora 18 postponed a third time
- Kiwi Linux 12.08: Ubuntu Precise with Gnome classic
- Fedora 18 Alpha Wallpaper
- ROSA releases enterprise distribution
- What money can buy Mageia
- On the PCLOS 2012.08 KDE release
- SolusOS Has Something Cool for Veterans, Novices Alike