linuxfordevices.com: CentOS 6.1 has arrived to bring the features of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.1 to those who can live without a Red Hat subscription. CentOS 6.1 offers almost all the non-proprietary portions of RHEL 6.1.
omgubuntu.co.uk: Hands up if you remember gOS? gOS was a green-coloured Ubuntu-based Linux distribution that made a splash during early 2008 when it became the default OS on a line of PCs, laptops and netbooks from computer manufacturer Everex.
techrepublic.com: Jack Wallen reflects on the high and low points for Linux in 2011. Do you agree with his take on the year that was not so great for the Linux operating system?
- Three greatest failures in Linux world 2011
- Three greatest successes in Linux world 2011
thevarguy.com: Linux’s ability to run on old or budget hardware has long been a popular talking point among free software advocates. Yet in recent years, the system requirements of mainstream desktop Linux distributions have been skyrocketing.
gamasutra.com: A federal judge has dismissed all of the counts brought against Sony in a class action suit over the disabling of PlayStation 3's "Other OS" feature last year.
This week in DistroWatch Weekly:
- Reviews: Puppy Linux 5.3 "Slacko"
- News: Fedora 17 feature list, openSUSE 12.1 with KDE 3, Ubuntu on TV, remembering gOS, end of life for Red Hat 4 and Debian 5.0
- Statistics: Estimating desktop environment share
- Upcoming releases: Mageia 2 Alpha 2
- Released last week: CentOS 6.1, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2, Ultimate Edition 3.0
- New distributions: Petite Linux
- Reader comments
Read more in this week's issue of DistroWatch Weekly....
- Red Hat Shares Given New $60.00 Price Target by Citigroup Analysts
- Harish Pillay, Global Community and Technology Architect, Red Hat Inc
- KahelOS: An Easy-To-Use Version Of Arch Linux
- Oyranos Colour Management LiveCD III
- Distro Hoppin`: Semplice 2.0 Beta 1.1
- openSUSE Weekly News 205 is out
- Linux Mint 12 Lisa, ano'er review
- Fedora NFS server outage retrospective
- Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 "Lenny" approaches end of life
- Xubuntu 11.10: Unbelievable Easyness of Humanity
- Linux Mint LXDE – Afterthoughts
- What's new in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2
- FreeBSD 9.0-RC3 available
- PC-BSD 9.0-RC2 now Available
- Bodhi Linux On a Touchscreen Device
- The missing newsletter of Arch Linux
- Fedora 17 Test Days
- Ubuntu 12.04 Development update
- LiveUSB and LiveCD: devil OpenBSD twins
- Roll-outs of GNU/Linux in Small and Medium-sized Organizations
- Mageia at JDLL 2011
- INFOGRAPHIC: The History Of Linux
- Another Linus Rant About Linux DRM; Rejects Pull