This article compares and contrasted recent innovations and functionality improvements of UNIX
detector-pro.com: As you “already know” – boss knows the best. If bosses were given to choose an operating system which would be right for their employees, that will be Linux. Here is the reasons:
manilastandardtoday.com: I downloaded a pre-release version of Bayanihan 5, the upcoming version of the state-sponsored Linux distribution, hoping to put it through its paces. Unfortunately
linuxjournal.com: Just over a month ago, Breaking News brought LinuxJournal.com readers the story of Riccardo Calixte, the Boston College computer science student targeted by heavy-handed investigators for the capital offense of being a Linux user. Now it's time to update that story.
h-online.com: Peter De Wachter has created a Debian source code search engine for developers. It lets them find out quickly what files contain, for example, the usb_device structure required for accessing USB devices.
blogs.computerworld: Intel's Moblin 2.0 Linux desktop for netbooks is really still too raw to be called a beta, but with a fresh take on what a desktop should be, it's showing great promise.
washingtontimes.com: I don't know how Charles Darwin would explain it, but imagine that we're each born with an "operating system." For most of us, this inner programming works well, even if it becomes a bit bruised and battered over the years. We adjust and move on.
markwilson.co.uk: A couple of days back, my friend Stuart and I were trying to configure a device via a serial port. Except that only PC with a serial port wasn’t configured with an operating system.
This week in DistroWatch Weekly:
- Reviews: First look at Mandriva Linux 2009.1
- News: Slackware goes 64-bit, Moblin 2.0 impresses reviewers, Ubuntu effects video changes, Debian updates GPG keys, Fedora mulls list moderation, round-up of mobile Linux news, Archiso-live
- Released last week: Puppy Linux 4.2.1, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.8
- Upcoming releases: Linux Mint 7, openSUSE 11.2 Milestone 2
- Site news: Annual package list update
- New additions: DEFT Linux, Elastix
- New distributions: Hymera, Taneu OS
- Reader comments
Read more in this week's issue of DistroWatch Weekly....