- Fedora 17 is the Beefy Miracle
- Testing Fedora 16 "Verne" - Beta
- Fedora 16 Review with screenshots
- Thoughts on being an upstream
- Red Hat Approaches New Upside Target of $44.40
h-online.com: Kernel version 3.1 will probably be released in the next few days. After a break of more than four weeks, Greg Kroah-Hartman has released new stable kernels.
- Best Use for an Old Laptop: TinyCore Linux
- Tiny Core 4.0 Put Together Your Own Desktop
This week in DistroWatch Weekly:
- Reviews: OpenIndiana - back and better
- News: Red Hat has its head in the clouds, kernel.org is back on-line and Ubuntu is trying to attract more app developers
- Questions and answers: A look behind the curtain, part 2
- Released last week: Parted Magic 6.7, AgiliaLinux 8.0.0. Zentyal 2.2-1
- Reader comments
Read more in this week's issue of DistroWatch Weekly....
- Red Hat
- Red Hat will wait on Progress
- Triangle CEOs back tax break
- Video: Red Hat on CNBC's Mad Money
- Red Hat Pays 136 Million To Enter Cloud Storage Space. Why?
zdnet.co.uk: I have been asked by several people recently, both through here and privately, about the steps involved and the decisions to be made in converting a PC running Windows to Linux.
makeuseof.com: In a world full of lightweight Linux distributions, why look at ArchBang? For one thing, it’s fast. It’s like CrunchBang, only built on Arch instead of Ubuntu. OpenBox is a very lightweight window manager, and Arch is known for its speed.
dedoimedo.com: Mageia is a relatively new Linux distribution, having seen its first official release only a few months ago. Forked off Mandriva, it is supposed to be a friendly operating system for newbies and power users alike.
phoronix.com: Yesterday there was the announcement by Mark Shuttleworth that Ubuntu 12.04 is codenamed Precise Pangolin. But what will its friendly competition be called?
mrpogson.com: HB1011, Free Open Source (FOSS) Act of 2010 is in committee stage. It’s stated purpose is that “The government shall apply only FOSS or Foss solutions in all ICT projects except under exceptional cirumstances”.