zdnet.com: I only dislike the latest version of the GNOME Linux desktop, Linus Torvalds, Linux’s primary inventor, hates it.
This week in DistroWatch Weekly:
- Feature: First impressions of Mageia 2
- News: Fedora updates, preparing for secure boot, Debian on Raspberry Pi
- Questions and Answers: Improving software performance
- Released last week: Fedora 17, Caixa Mágica 18, Grml 2012.05
Read more in this week's issue of DistroWatch Weekly....
h-online.com: Linus Torvalds published the first Linux 3.5 release candidate on Saturday night, although the official release email wasn't sent until Sunday afternoon.
zcint.co.uk: Over a hundred Linux gamers have signed a petition against the inclusion of non-native games in the popular Humble Bundle compilation in response to the appearance of LIMBO in the fifth such bundle.
also: The raw truth about Linux game ports
- Detailed Fedora 17 Review
- Fedora 17 Enterprise Preview
- Fedora 17 – Install Codecs, Drivers And Fonts In Under 5 Minutes!
- "Fedora Utils" Adds Fedora 17 Support
- Linux Mint 13 OEM released!
- Linux Mint 13 Cinnamon Review
linuxmint.com: Reviews give us a lot of feedback and we pay special attention to them. They boost our motivation when talking about the good and help us pinpoint areas of improvement when talking about the bad.
h-online.com: The Mageia developers are replacing the background image in Mageia 2 after discovering that they did not have permission to include it. Mageia 2 was released just over a week ago.
slashdot.org: "Fedora is going to pay Microsoft to let them distribute a PC operating system. Microsoft is about to move from effectively owning the PC hardware platform to literally owning it.
darkduck.com: Linux part of Blogosphere is big. There are different people, different blogs. Some of them die, like it was with K.Mandla’s, some continue to grow. Today’s guest in my interview room is one of the most mysterious bloggers in the Linux world. Let’s talk with Dedoimedo.