theregister.co.uk: Several Register readers have been in touch because their early installations of Windows 7 have not come with a ballot screen offering them a choice of browsers to download.
computerworlduk.com: Harry stretched his legs at his workstation under the stairs. He had been there for the entire night debugging the latest iteration of Ubuntu Owl mail. It was vital that he delivered a message to the old wizard Stallmandore.
- A Linux Users Look at Windows 7 Ultimate
- Windows 95 to Windows 7: How Microsoft lost its vision
- Our Windows 7 Special Offer
- Microsoft starts selling PCs online
- The best thing about Microsoft Windows 7
- A Visual History of the Windows GUI
ghabuntu.com: Microsoft Windows, the dominant desktop OS in the world has over the years made some contribution to the world that the open source competitor Linux is yet to make
maximumpc.com: In just a few days, Microsoft at long last will officially release Windows 7 to an eager public ready to put the Vista saga behind them. It's a been a long wait, particularly for those who opted to stick with XP until something better came along, but no matter how you feel about Vista, it's been an even longer ride getting to this point.
linuxmint.com/blog: I was recently contacted by a person called Graeme Cobbett. In his email he told me he got his Windows license refunded and donated that money to Linux Mint. Of course, as you can imagine, he felt pretty happy about it and he wanted to let people know how he did it. So here’s his article:
majewsky.wordpress: I decided to give Windows 7 a try. Because my university is enrolled in Micro$oft’s MSDNAA program, I could recieve a free copy and license of Windows 7.
blog.linuxtoday.com: Is this really a big deal? Are we going to need 128-bit filesystems? I'm still using 32-bit distros and doing fine.
- EU and Microsoft reach anti-trust agreement
- Microsoft, EU Reach Accord on Antitrust
- EU Commission Announces Market Test of Microsoft Suggestions
- Microsoft's top lawyer: Relations with Europe improving
- FSFE appeals to European Commissioner Kroes in Microsoft antitrust case
- Windows 7 retail boxes hitting stores
- Windows 7 An Experiment In Progressive Arrogance and Stupidity?