phoronix.com: Here's the 2011 results looking at what Linux desktop end-users are running when it comes to graphics cards and drivers as well as their key concerns.
ulyssesonline.com: When I bought a 1TB hard drive last year, I had a decision to make. How would I slice up the new 1TB drive? I was running multiple operating systems on my computer desktop. I was using Linux 95% of the time and the other 5% on Windows, if at all.
phoronix.com: In this article is a look at how well the Bulldozer multi-core performance scales when toggling these different modules. The multi-core scaling performance is compared to AMD's Shanghai, Intel's Gulftown and Sandy Bridge processors.
mhall119.com: A couple of weeks ago, ZaReason sent us a shiny new Invenire 1220 running Qimo 2.0 for a review. This is the first time I’ve ever seen Qimo running on a machine I hadn’t put it on, and the fact that it was like that out of the box was one of the coolest experiences I’ve had.
phoronix.com: Here's the first Linux benchmarks of AMD's FX-Series Bulldozer desktop CPUs that launched on Tuesday. Specifically, it's Gentoo Linux performance results for an AMD FX-8150 Bulldozer.
phoronix.com: If you are not taken by today's release of Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric Ocelot", here are some new Radeon graphics benchmarks comparing the Catalyst driver on Ubuntu 11.10 to the latest R600g driver from Mesa 7.12-devel on the soon-to-be-released Linux 3.1 kernel.
goodbyemicrosoft.net: After years of having an audio-only computer, I finally succumbed and bought a USB webcam, so that I can do video calling through Skype.
thevarguy.com: Is the Motorola Xoom – a Google Android-powered tablet – ready for business users and channel partners? David Courbanou, my peer here at The VAR Guy, wasn’t all that impressed with early Xoom 2 chatter. But I’ve spent recent days using the original Xoom. iPad lovers cover your ears:
gnuski.blogspot: I like to shoot and edit video (on Debian GNU/Linux, of course on KDE, using the wonderful KDEnlive Video Editor), but in video editing, there is always a bottleneck.
lvrj.com: The Blind Center of Nevada has a fantastic program to handle that. It is part of the three R's: reduce, reuse and recycle. There is a very green solution that can extend the useful life of any PC. It's called Ubuntu.
zdnet.com: Many Linux proponents appear to equate Linux with the use of industry standard X86 systems. IBM demonstrated that its Mainframes are a growing portion of the market.
thevarguy.com: Canonical’s “Ubuntu Friendly” hardware-validation program, which officially debuts next month along with Ubuntu 11.10, should make life a little easier for people with computers that don’t get along so well with Linux. But what if your computer is designed from the ground up to run Linux flawlessly?
thevarguy.com: There’s no denying the open source world lags far behind the proprietary universe when it comes to tablets and touch-enabled devices. But as ZaReason CEO Cathy Malmrose explained recently, that may soon change.
techtree.com: The long awaited $35 (Rs 1735) dream tablet promised by the Indian government will finally see the light of the day as the launch date has been fixed for October 5.
phoronix.com: It's your last chance to participate in the 2011 Linux Graphics Survey.
zdnet.co.uk: I have been looking for a replacement for my main notebook/desktop system for quite a while now. It will soon be four years old, the fan is getting noisy, and it has developed a nasty tendency to hang every once in a while. Last week I finally found a good candidate -
phoronix.com: Last month I alluded to a 40-way graphics card comparison being worked on at Phoronix. This includes 28 of the 40 graphics cards, with GPUs as old as the Radeon X800XL and as new as the AMD Radeon HD 6950.
mashable.com: The Linux operating system is not just for nerds. Even though you may not realize it, chances are you probably have a version of Linux running right under your nose.
phoronix.com: While AMD's open-source strategy was announced on Phoronix on 7 September 2007, it was on 17 September of the same year that the Novell/SUSE developers did their first public release of their xf86-video-radeonhd driver.