opera.com/desktopteam/blog: Here is a new build with some very nice fixes for PowerPC and our initial work on KDE 4 integration.
blogs.zdnet.com: Combining a cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability with a TinyURL redirect, hackers successfully broke into the infrastructure for the open-source Apache Foundation in what is being described as a “direct, targeted attack.”
- Oracle: MySQL Development Matters
- Oracle Outlines Plans For MySQL Database
- The future of MySQL according to Oracle
- Oracle boosts MySQL investment, targets Microsoft
omgubuntu.co.uk: Oscar and Emmy award-winning editing software 'Lightworks is going open-source.
sourceforge.net/blog: Buck Security comprises a collection of security scans for Debian-based Linux distributions, including Ubuntu. It’s easy to use, and gives you a quick overview of the security status of your system.
- Ulteo Joins Open Invention Network
- Bisigi Themes Remix Linux in Eye-Opening Ways
- NVIDIA Puts Out Its OpenGL 4.0 Linux Driver
- Luckybackup: Linux backup made easy
- Using rsnapshot to back up and retain snapshots
ghacks.net: The trash (or “Recycle bin”) is a sane concept of our operating systems. A file sent to the trash can be recovered if the user realizes the file was still needed after all. Now, the problem is: when should you empty the trash?
kmandla.wordpress: Two things that I have failed to mention for quite a long time now — in fact, three things — are a dictionary and spellchecker for the console. If you write as much as I do, those two things are important, and not wisely left out.
mhr3.blogspot.com: It's been over 14 months the Awn and Awn Extras teams had interesting news, but the time has come to introduce our latest and so far greatest release.