- irefox OS gets performance boost, wider distribution
- Chromium OS Vanilla Is a Plain-Jane Browser-Based Distro
- The Utilite Linux Mini PC
- 3 Embedded Linux Projects Built With the Yocto Project
arstechnica.com: New Mac Pro leaving you cold too? ÜberCreate OS 1.0 would be the OS to end them all.
iafrica.com: Microsoft's Steve Ballmer is probably one of the most hated CEOs on the planet - being called the worst ever by some cynics. But whether you like him or hate him, you can't deny that he's one of the most quotable and entertaining suits in the tech industry. We take a look...
pcworld.com: The glorious era of PC stardom is over. Once the belle of the technology ball, desktops and laptops now share the spotlight with smartphones and tablets, and the embrace of mobile devices by consumers has provoked deep changes in the computing landscape.
trustedreviews.com: Initial stock of the Firefox OS ZTE Open smartphone has sold out on eBay in the UK and US.
networkworld.com: Unix, the core server operating system in enterprise networks for decades, now finds itself in a slow, inexorable decline. IDC predicts that Unix server revenue will slide from $10.2 billion in 2012 to $8.7 billion in 2017, and Gartner sees Unix market share slipping from 16% in 2012 to 9% in 2017.
wired.com: That iPad in your hand? It feels like the most modern of computers. But like the iPhone and the Macintosh, the Apple tablet revolves around a core piece of software that can trace its roots all the way back to the early 1970s. It was built atop UNIX.
- OS X apps run on Linux with Wine-like emulator for Mac software
- Open Source Code At Heart of Wall Street Programmer’s Bust
- Building the open source laptop: fantasy to reality
- using software.opensuse.org
- MEGABYTE PUNCH is now available on PC Mac and Linux
- Hacktivist Richard Stallman takes on proprietary software, SaaS and open source
- Qt5 on openSUSE (including experimental KF5 packages)
- SECRETS OF RÆTIKON to launch on PC, Mac and Linux
- Firefox 23 Adds Features, Security to Open-Source Browser
fossforce.com: If you want to see desktop Linux finally get some traction with the unwashed public, Mark Shuttleworth is more likely to be the guy who’ll make that happen than anyone who’s come along so far.
theinquirer.net: Mozilla has announced that it will release updates to Firefox OS every three months, with security updates scheduled every six weeks.