- OS X apps run on Linux with Wine-like emulator for Mac software
- Open Source Code At Heart of Wall Street Programmer’s Bust
- Building the open source laptop: fantasy to reality
- using software.opensuse.org
- MEGABYTE PUNCH is now available on PC Mac and Linux
- Hacktivist Richard Stallman takes on proprietary software, SaaS and open source
- Qt5 on openSUSE (including experimental KF5 packages)
- SECRETS OF RÆTIKON to launch on PC, Mac and Linux
- Firefox 23 Adds Features, Security to Open-Source Browser
fossforce.com: If you want to see desktop Linux finally get some traction with the unwashed public, Mark Shuttleworth is more likely to be the guy who’ll make that happen than anyone who’s come along so far.
theinquirer.net: Mozilla has announced that it will release updates to Firefox OS every three months, with security updates scheduled every six weeks.
cnet.com: The Spanish company is expanding from the developer market to the broader consumer market with the Peak+, a higher-end phone than other Firefox OS models on sale.
techradar.com: With three new mobile operating systems - Firefox OS, Ubuntu and Sailfish - due to launch, maybe this actually will be the year of the Linux phone (or more accurately: the year of the Linux phone that isn't Android).
zdnet.com: Yes, the PC market is going to hell in a hand-basket -- except for the sub-$300 market where the Linux-based Chromebook is leading the way to growth.
zdnet.com: The Alcatel OneTouch Fire, one of the first consumer devices running Firefox OS, will be shortly be available to Polish consumers.
groklaw.net: I impulsively bought one of the $199 Acer C7 Chromebooks, specifically to find out if I could successfully put pure Linux on the Android laptop. I know Android runs on Linux, the kernel, but I wanted KDE, which is what I normally run. I wanted both, and I thought it'd be fun.
theregister.co.uk: The New Zealand authorities have formally called off the search for the sailing cruiser Nina, and say its seven-person crew, which includes Evi Nemeth who for the last 30 years has written the system administration handbooks for Unix and Linux, is now presumed lost at sea.
pcpro.co.uk: Mozilla has entered the smartphone race with the launch of the first consumer-ready phones running its Firefox OS - and promised a tablet "ASAP".