junauza.com: If you are planning to purchase an affordable but capable Ubuntu-powered laptop, here are some nice ones you can add to your wish list:
skolelinux.org/pere: While at Debconf11, I have several times during discussions mentioned the issues I believe should be improved in Debian for its desktop to be useful for more people. The use case for this is my parents, which are currently running Kubuntu which solve the issues.
- Ubuntu dressed in cheap elastic support, sent out in public
- A retrospective of the first year of Ask Ubuntu
- Ubuntu 11.10 Development update
- IDE for Ubuntu
thepcspy.com: Let's say you want to improve Ubuntu by contributing a patch but if that project is covered by the Canonical Contributor Agreement, you'll need to sign over some of your rights. People have been arguing about this for a while now but why does Canonical need it in the first place?
journalxtra.com: In the twilight hours of this morning, I thought I’d take an look at the new Kubuntu 11.10, codenamed “Oneiric Ocelot”. Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time, in my half-awake non-caffeinated state.
theinquirer.net: LINUX VENDOR Canonical is going head-to-head with Microsoft and Red Hat in the enterprise market with its Ubuntu Linux distribution.
- Ubuntu 11.04 Review
- Unity Progress Report – Alt-Tab style
- Canonical announces the Ubuntu Advantage Partner Programme for resellers
- The Other Side of Red Hat – an interview with Craig Muzilla
- International Newsmaker Q&A: Jon Melamut
- Lubuntu to join the official Ubuntu family
- Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 225