- Unity 8, Mir Changes Landed Last Week
- The Ubuntu PC Case Mod
- Since When Was Ubuntu A Community Distro?
- Ubuntu FOSS Community: Merely Chumps Looking In
- Ubuntu Opens Portal to Rejected Community
- Surface Pro Owner? Here’s How to Install Ubuntu
- Printing with Ubuntu and Why Microsoft Will Never Be Obsoleted
linuxadvocates.com: When Canonical Ltd. chose to create Skunkworks, Ubuntu ceased being a community Distro. If there are gradations between one extreme black (proprietary) and white (community, open source) Ubuntu has moved in the grey scale towards black ever so slightly.
Also: Fork Ubuntu to Preserve Community Participation
pcmag.com: Shuttleworth, the founder of Canonical, publishers of Ubuntu, has given up on the idea that Linux (which Ubuntu is based on) will ever supplant Windows. So what happened? Lots happened and none of it good.
- Mark Shuttleworth gives up dream of Ubuntu toppling Windows
- Shuttleworth Fixes Ubuntu Linux Bug #1 - But It's Not Really Fixed Is It?
- Angst and Anxiety Over Ubuntu's Chosen Path (blog safari)
- You Want Ubuntu On Your Phone Says Poll
- How To Use Netflix On Ubuntu 13.04
pcauthority.com.au: Canonical wants to put Ubuntu onto our TVs, tablets and smartphones, as well as our PCs. Barry Collins weighs up its chances of success.
- Ubuntu Axe Laptop Competition After Just 2 Weeks
- Easy way to remove Deja-dup in Ubuntu 13.04
- Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 318
- Shuttering the Ubuntu Billboard Photo Contest
dedoimedo.com: So far, the experience with the 13.04 family was mixed. Some great things, like performance, accompanied with kernel crashes due to bad QA. Overall, somewhat frustrating, as the intermediate releases between LTS editions should be probably be labeled beta, for geeks only. Let's see what gives here.
tuxtweaks.com: Xubuntu is a derivative of Ubuntu Linux that uses the Xfce desktop environment for the user interface. It is one of the official derivatives of Ubuntu Linux. The intent is for Xubuntu to be easy to use while being attractive and light on system resources.
tuxradar.com:With its Distrowatch ranking falling faster than Man Utd now that Sir Alex Ferguson has departed, Ubuntu is no longer the all-conquering force that it was. So what's happened? Has it, in fact, lost it, or is there a more subtle game afoot? We answer this conundrum (sort of) in the latest Linux Format.