omgubuntu.co.uk: With Ubuntu 10.10 and 11.04 long since out, and Ubuntu 11.10 stirring up excitement with every update, it’s easy to forget that the 16 month old Long Term Support release of Ubuntu 10.04 remains installed on many a users computer.
itreviews.co.uk: The growing popularity of Linux has led to a resurgence of interest in the open-source operating system, which - in turn - has led to a profusion of new distributions, spin-offs, and custom platforms which cater to a wide variety of niches.
- Understanding Unity
- Ubuntu 11.10 Development update
- Will Ubuntu lead the next generation of Desktop computing?
- Controversial Unity desktop gets UI makeover in Ubuntu 11.10
This tutorial is supposed to guide the reader through some new features of the Unity desktop, Ubuntu's new desktop environment used since Ubuntu 11.04. The prime subject will be the launcher, which is something like a side-dock, and how to configure it the way it fits your likings most.
- Ubuntu 11.10 Oneric Ocelot Alpha 3 Quick Review
- Unity Contributor Report: So long Feature Freeze
- Shuttleworth: Dash takes shape for 11.10 Unity
manilastandardtoday.com: THE TechCentral Web site recently ran a Q&A with Mark Shuttleworth, head honcho at Canonical and the man behind Ubuntu Linux. The interview was insightful, because Shuttleworth talked, not only about the future of Ubuntu, but also tackled the state of tablet computing as well as the dangers of software patents.
- ubuntu 11.10 — a little look
- Recent changes in Ubuntu 11.10 (video)
- Why Buy An Ubuntu Certified System?
- Trying to switch to Linux
- Shuttleworth: Corporate desktops and Ubuntu
- Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 228
larrythefreesoftwareguy.wordpress: No one in their right mind would review an alpha version of a distro, just as no one in their right mind would take the advice in a review of an alpha version. Buuut...
Cherokee is a very fast, flexible and easy to configure Web Server. It supports the widespread technologies nowadays: FastCGI, SCGI, PHP, CGI, TLS and SSL encrypted connections, virtual hosts, authentication, on the fly encoding, load balancing, Apache compatible log files, and much more. This tutorial shows how you can install Cherokee on an Ubuntu 11.04 server with PHP5 support (through FastCGI) and MySQL support.
omgubuntu.co.uk: When reader Fabio Bier mailed in a photo of this familiar looking emblem atop a drain/man hole cover (spotted in Seville, Spain, fact fans) it got me thinking: does the ‘Ubuntu’ logo ever crop up in urban landscapes?