omgubuntu.co.uk: Today, at the “Meet Ubuntu Desktop Designers” session in the Ubuntu Developer Summit being held in Orlando, Florida, members of the Canonical design team clarified that they never intended Unity to not be configurable; instead, it is very much on their radar.
pcworld.com: As a fan of Ubuntu, I'll definitely be rooting for the open source operating system every step of the way. At the same time, I can see both pros and cons here regarding its chances for success.
techdrivein.com: GNOME Shell is an incredibly good alternative for Canonical's Unity UI which became the default Ubuntu interface starting from Natty Narwhal release. Top things to do after installing GNOME Shell in Ubuntu 11.10.
- Unity Integration to Run Deeper in Ubuntu 12.04
- Shuttleworth's Blog on World Domination
- Ubuntu 14.04 will be a smartphone and tablet OS. So what?
- Thanks Kubuntu And Canonical!
- Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter #239 October 24 – 30
- Shuttleworth: Linux Power Users Aren't too Cool for Unity
- Shuttleworth Misses the Point Yet Again
- Kubuntu + Realtek card - slow network performance
- Ubuntu Software Centre 12.04 Gets Discussed
- Ubuntu 12.04 will Focus on Power Users & Portables
- Xubuntu 11.10 and my Netbook
- Ubuntu 11.10 Made Me Do It.
zdnet.com: Canonical, the company behind Ubuntu Linux, plans to take on Android, iOS and Windows on the smartphones, tablets and smart TVs.
txwikinger.me.uk: Since the inception of Gnome, there seems to have been a never ending flame war about desktops in the FLOSS community. I am really getting tired of it, because it not only is boring, but also continuously diverts us from being productive.
mylinuxrig.com: I decided to try out Ubuntu 11.10 on my Thinkpad T43. I know it’s controversial, but I’ve been intrigued by the idea that Canonical is trying to give Ubuntu an experience beyond what’s provided by existing desktop managers.
itechreport.com.au: This was supposed to be a review of the new Ubuntu release (Oneiric Ocelot), however the only thing the new Ubuntu did not do to me was jump out kick me in the head. Instead, I decided to look at Kubuntu, the Ubuntu varient using the KDE desktop.
- Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot review - Damn good
- Xubuntu 11.10: go, little ‘Buntu, go!
- Review: Kubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric Ocelot"
- Ubuntu Unity Experience
- End of support for Ubuntu 10.04 Netbook and ARM – 2011/10/29