junauza.com: After announcing Ubuntu for phones and tablets, it seems like there's no stopping to Canonical's growth. Following a 2-day countdown that teased its impatient fans, Canonical finally unveiled its latest innovation: Ubuntu for washing machines (Ubuntu WM OS).
omgubuntu.co.uk: Mark Shuttleworth has been named as one American magazine Forbes‘ ’12 Most Disruptive Names in business’
- [Ubuntu In The Wild] Unity In Use By Norwegian Military
- How to change your privacy settings in Ubuntu's Unity Dash
- Ubuntu’s Chinese Spin ‘Kylin’ Adds Custom Icons, Tweaked Theme
- Get Your Fingerprint Reader Working in Ubuntu
- Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Right Now!
- Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 309
datamation.com: I found myself growing comfortable with the way Ubuntu does things. With my busy schedule, a distro that "just works" appeals to me. Then something unexpected happened. I decided to take a leap of faith and gave OpenSUSE 12.3 a spin.
theinquirer.net: When Stallman's request was denied by the FLISOL event organiser with the excuse that it would limit user freedom of choice, Stallman fired off a response to the organisation's entire mailing list on Sunday.
- Ubuntu tapped by China for national operating system
- China plans to standardize around local version of Ubuntu
- Chinese government builds national OS around Ubuntu
phoronix.com: In our benchmarks of Microsoft Windows 8, we have found that Intel's Windows OpenGL driver is generally superior to that of their open-source Linux graphics driver. Some progress has been made, but in today's testing Linux has a ways to go.
junauza.com: This year, Ubuntu has been in the news more than it's ever been. Week after week, a new announcement from Canonical inundates tech sites and blogs. And this time, it's not just the Linux-based news sites that are covering them. 2013 is all about Ubuntu going mainstream.
- Changes in Ubuntu releases decided by the Ubuntu Technical Board
- The Coolest Ubuntu Business Cards Ever
- Ubuntu Technical Board Looks at Shuttleworth’s Proposal for Release Management Methodology
- Ubuntu 13.04 Default Wallpapers Released [Download Link Included]
- Sweet Ubuntu Device QtCreator Integration
- Ubuntu to halve support length for non-LTS releases
- On the Ubuntu Community
- Ubuntu Speech Recognition App is Shaping up Nicely
datamation.com: To hear fans talk, without Ubuntu, Linux desktops would be still be basic window managers. Even Mark Shuttleworth, Ubuntu's founder, recently implied that those who questioned him held the view that "Linux is supposed to be hard so it's exclusive."