ubuntu-user.com: A few days ago, Mark Shuttleworth took some time to address critics who scoff at Canonical's contributions to GNOME and the Linux kernel itself by sharing his thoughts on the subject in his personal blog. For years now, I've wrestled with the question of how free software, and Linux, makes it into the hands of the average person.
- Some personal thoughts on the Ubuntu Application Review System
- Ubuntu, Canonical Wallow in Muddy Waters with Contributors' Agreements
- Clearing the FUD around Ubuntu Application Review Process
- Lifesaver for Maverick
- restrictive rules galore
- Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter #211
webupd8.org: Well that was quick. The "Sent from Ubuntu" default email signature for Evolution in Ubuntu 10.10 has been removed - as you can see in the latest Evolution package changelog.
besttechie.net: If you’re a Linux user like myself – or even a potential Linux user – chances are you’re eagerly awaiting the release of Ubuntu 10.10. Today I decided to give the beta version of Ubuntu 10.10 a test-drive using a virtual machine, and I have to say, I’m not all that impressed.
lucidfox.org: A “bug” was filed asking to add a “Sent using Ubuntu” signature by default to Evolution. How did this happen and who decided it was a bug? Judging by the way it was so quickly responded to, it seems like a decision made in Canonical behind closed doors and filed on Launchpad as a mere formality.
- Mark Shuttleworth on Ubuntu and Dell Tie Up
- Edubuntu 10.10 Installer is Also Getting a Full Overhaul
linux-blog.org: Remember these past few months where Ubuntu/Canonical’s contribution to Gnome (or lack thereof) was called into question and the topic was on the tip of every Linux news website tongue? Let’s throw some gasoline on that fire!
- Uniteee: 7 days with Ubuntu Unity on a 7” screen
- Ubuntu Software Center on Cranky Geeks
- Previewing Moovida 2.0 on Ubuntu
- Asus U35JC review
- ViewSonic and Samsung tablets are U.S.-bound
- High-end Avaya Android-powered Table PC Unveiled