dedoimedo.com: After rather successfully reviewing Precise Pangolin on my T61 with SSD, I decided to expand the testing to other machines I have. Most importantly, I wanted to see how well this latest LTS edition of Ubuntu behaves on my higher-end laptops.
This tutorial shows how you can set up a Xubuntu 12.04 desktop that is a full-fledged replacement for a Windows desktop, i.e. that has all the software that people need to do the things they do on their Windows desktops. The advantages are clear: you get a secure system without DRM restrictions that works even on old hardware, and the best thing is: all software comes free of charge.
junauza.com: Ubuntu’s latest release called Precise Pangolin has managed to please its many admirers and silence the naysayers. Unity, the most contentious part of Ubuntu so far has turned out to be a dark horse in Canonical’s race for desktop domination.
pcsplace.com: Its interesting features include, ClickPad, Unity desktop, RhythmBox, Libre Office and many more. Here are some of the free must have apps for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.
all-things-linux.blogspot: Ubuntu has spawned some great distributions over the years, as varied and diverse as Vinux, Backtrack, Ubuntu Studio, the Ultimate Edition and Linux Mint, some only with a specialist group and purpose in mind, others aimed at a more general audience. Ubuntu has become a bedrock.
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS: The morning after
- Ubuntu 12.10 Won't Have Btrfs Filesystem
- A GNOME Flavor Of Ubuntu - "GNOME-buntu"
- Xubuntu 12.04 Review
- Ubuntu Plans For A Future With Upstart
- Ubuntu 12.10 To Further Binary Blob Handling
- Ubuntu 12.04 Review
- The X.Org Plans For Ubuntu 12.10
- Ubuntu 12.10 May Get Wayland
- Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin review
- Bacon: EA Games and Ubuntu
- Why a Developer Laptop?
- Ubuntu Forks Gnome Control Center
- Why Linux Graphics Drivers Have Issues
- Kubuntu Likely To Retain Name Despite New Sponsor
- Precise Pangolin: Ubuntu Grows Up
- Ubuntu Still Trying To Lock Down Third-Party Debs
- UDS: He did NOT say that . . . did he?
- No More Unity 2D In Ubuntu 12.10 And Beyond
phoronix.com: Ubuntu Friendly -- the Canonical-spawned initiative for the community to try to provide information on computer hardware that's "friendly" to run Ubuntu Linux -- is not being actively maintained.
- Ubuntu 12.10 To Target Linux 3.5 Kernel, Maybe 3.6
- Install Latest Gimp On Ubuntu
- First Post Release Unity Update Brings Massive Fixes
- 13 surprises from Kubuntu 12.04
- My Ubuntu 12.04 Tweaks
- Shuttleworth Explains HUD for Ubuntu 12.10
- Reports from Ubuntu Developer Summit
- Ubuntu releases open hardware VGA Switch
- Ubuntu 12.10 Working To Play A Sound Theme