- Will 12.04 changes bring Ubuntu back to prominence?
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Will Not Support Old CPUs
- Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 241
datamation.com: For several years now, Ubuntu and other Linux distributions have worked to make their Linux releases available as a pre-installed option whenever possible. So why is Canonical bent on getting Ubuntu on to the next generation of tablet computers?
thevarguy.com: For at least five years, Ubuntu has been the pre-eminent Linux distribution for desktop users. None of the other polished distros, such as Fedora or Debian, came close. But writing on the wall is beginning to suggest that the Age of Ubuntu could be coming to an end, at least on the desktop.
- 6 Key Changes in Next Ubuntu 12.04
- Ubuntu 12.04 Development update
- QA Community Coordinator Required: Apply Within
- Ubuntu Friendly: A User-Submitted Database Of Computers That Work With Ubuntu
This tutorial shows how you can enable Compiz Fusion on an Ubuntu Linux 11.10 (Oneiric Ocelot) Unity desktop (the system must have a 3D-capable graphics card - I'm using an NVIDIA GeForce 8200 here). With Compiz Fusion you can use beautiful 3D effects like wobbly windows or a desktop cube on your desktop.
- Vodafone Ubuntu Webbook
- Full Circle Podcast Episode 26 Blame it on the Ferrets
- Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 240
- UCK 2.4.5 is out
desktoplinuxreviews.com: Many people have expressed dissatisfaction with Ubuntu after Canonical added Unity to it. Kubuntu has often been mentioned as a possible replacement for Ubuntu for users who dislike Unity and want to move to another environment. Does Kubuntu 11.10 work well as a replacement for Ubuntu 11.10?
This tutorial shows how to prepare an Ubuntu 11.10 (Oneiric Ocelot) server with nginx for the installation of ISPConfig 3, and how to install ISPConfig 3. Since version 3.0.4, ISPConfig comes with full support for the nginx web server in addition to Apache, and this tutorial covers the setup of a server that uses nginx instead of Apache. ISPConfig 3 is a webhosting control panel that allows you to configure the following services through a web browser: nginx and Apache web server, Postfix mail server, MySQL, BIND or MyDNS nameserver, PureFTPd, SpamAssassin, ClamAV, and many more.
pcworld.com: It was just a few weeks ago that planning began on Ubuntu 12.04, or “Precise Pangolin,” but already key details about the upcoming version of Canonical's popular Linux distribution are beginning to emerge.
- Ubuntu: More Than The Default Install
- This Unity 5.0 Mockup Has Me Sold – What About You?
- Stop Installing Outdated Ubuntu!