- Ubuntu 12.10: The Controversies Continue
- Ubuntu Needs a "Project Butter" like Android
- Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 287
- Why Ubuntu's Donation Model is Brilliant
- The problems with Ubuntu's Amazon results legal notice
- Benchmarking The Ubuntu "Low-Jitter" Linux Kernel
thepowerbase.com: Since integrating Amazon search results in Unity’s Dash, there has been a seemingly 50/50 backlash in the user community over the idea. Deviant Artist albaux has taken another approach with freedom of speech and has made a clever wallpaper that pokes fun at the partnership.
pcworld.com: As the arrival of Windows 8 draws ever nearer, it's not surprising to see the debut of a flurry of devices featuring the new OS.
Glx-Dock/Cairo-Dock is an interactive dock (like the one you know from a Mac) that provides easy access to some of the files, folders, and applications on your computer, and more. You can use it with OpenGL (to use your graphics card) or without, and it is compatible with Compiz, but it can also run without a composite manager. It works under Unity, GNOME, KDE, and Xfce. This tutorial shows how to install and use Glx-Dock/Cairo-Dock on an Ubuntu 12.04 desktop (with Unity).
- Richard Stallman: Canonical will be forced to hand over data to various governments
- Ubuntu to allow users to decide where donations go
- Ubuntu Add Legal Disclaimer to Unity Dash
- Preview Of Ubuntu 12.04 LTS vs. Ubuntu 12.10 Performance
- Hundred Papercuts needs your help
- 10 Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 12.10
- Ubuntu To Consider Ridding GNOME Fallback Code
- An Attempt To Push Ubuntu As A Gaming Platform
- The Quantal Quetzal takes flight
- Monetising Ubuntu
- Searching in the Dash in Ubuntu 12.10 – an Update
techradar.com: We pit Windows 8 against Ubuntu to see which OS comes out top dog
eweek.com: It’s time for enterprises to take their participation in the open-source community even more seriously, for their own sake, says Jono Bacon, the community manager for Ubuntu.
- Ubuntu Linux: Donationware?
- Ubuntu Made Easy: Interview With The Authors
- The Ubuntu architect: why it's important to attract all users
- Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 286
- Upgrading to Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Server
datamation.com: Looking back at the progress of Ubuntu over the years, including the various off-shoot distributions based on it, I cannot help but be amazed. But sadly, some of these improvements mean that slower performing PCs will be left out in the cold.
unixmen.com: Canonical has come under some heavy criticism in the past couple of weeks with its controversial decision to include Amazon shopping results in the Ubuntu Dash search results. When I first read of the news I was also enraged with a certain amount of anger and honestly couldn’t believe that our beloved Ubuntu had fallen victim to the commercial trap.