- Bacon: Providing More Scalable Community Growth And Mentoring
- Did you know Ubuntu Software Center (USC) has for purchase games and apps?
- How we triage Launchpad bugs
- Going Agile: The 6-Months Cadence
- Good and Bad of Unity (Part 1): Useless Application Menu
pcworld.com: Canonical's Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty Narwhal" may still be occupying much of the Linux world's attention, but at last week's Ubuntu Developer Summit in Budapest, the next version of the free and open source Linux distribution began to take form.
apachelog.wordpress: Last week the Ubuntu project met in Budapest for the Ubuntu Developer Summit. The Kubuntu team discussed an incredible amount of cool things, of which I’d like to present a number of generally interesting topics.
earthweb.com: You might expect other distributions to be as divided about Ubuntu's new Unity desktop as users are. That is, at least among the vocal, you might expect to find that the condemnation slightly outweighs the praise, but that both sides are passionate in their beliefs.
yankeebook.com: Before even trying Linux Mandriva like any other UNIXoid noobs I was using Ubuntu 8.02 and 9.04, and boy how stupid I have been back then. Why? Because all this time Mandriva DVD was sharing the dust on my forgotten shelve until one day I didn’t pick it up.
guardian.co.uk: This week, I finally got my new Lenovo ThinkPad X220, the latest and skinniest in the Lenovo X-series of fast, skinny, rugged, all-black, no-nonsense machines.
LAMP is short for Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP. This tutorial shows how you can install an Apache2 webserver on an Ubuntu 11.04 server with PHP5 support (mod_php) and MySQL support.
- 6 Important Changes in Next Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot
- Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal - Reactions from Users
- Plans for Oneiric: Move away from Ubuntu
- How Ubuntu Ditched Me and Why I Ditched Ubuntu
- Why I’m a bit disappointed with Canonical (One week later)
This tutorial shows how you can set up a Kubuntu 11.04 desktop that is a full-fledged replacement for a Windows desktop, i.e. that has all the software that people need to do the things they do on their Windows desktops. The advantages are clear: you get a secure system without DRM restrictions that works even on old hardware, and the best thing is: all software comes free of charge. Kubuntu 11.04 is derived from Ubuntu 11.04 (Natty Narwhal) and uses the KDE desktop instead of the GNOME desktop.
pcpro.co.uk: Unity-homeI’m falling out of love with Ubuntu, which is strange because it’s as good as it’s ever been. At the root of this statement is Unity.