- Getting physical - face recognition input mockup
- Apple Magic Trackpad drivers land in Ubuntu with 10 finger touch
- Mark Shuttleworth: Reflections on Ubuntu, Canonical and free software
- Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter #210
- A Quick Look at Kubuntu 10.10
- Upcoming Artwork For Xubuntu 10.10
- New Maverick Sound Indicator Match Radiance
- New Ubuntu "Extras" Repository Is Now Live
- 5 Beautiful Elementary-ish Gnome Themes
This tutorial shows how to set up a standalone storage server on Ubuntu 10.04. Instead of NFS, I will use GlusterFS here. The client system will be able to access the storage as if it was a local filesystem. GlusterFS is a clustered file-system capable of scaling to several peta-bytes. It aggregates various storage bricks over Infiniband RDMA or TCP/IP interconnect into one large parallel network file system. Storage bricks can be made of any commodity hardware such as x86_64 servers with SATA-II RAID and Infiniband HBA.
tuxarena.blogspot: We're less than one month until the next Ubuntu release, 10.10. Maverick Meerkat, as it is codenamed, is scheduled for release on October 10, 2010, and, as always, Canonical put out a beta calling for users to test-drive it and report problems and bugs.
kmandla.wordpress: I am not an Ubuntu old-timer. I remember as far back as 5.10, but certainly there is a smaller circle of true Ubuntu veterans.
linuxjournal.com: On Thurday, September 2 two leading Linux distributions released milestone developmental versions on the road to their next releases. OpenSUSE released Milestone 1 of 11.4 and Ubuntu released a beta of their upcoming 10.10, codenamed Maverick Meerkat, for developers and community testers.
ever-increasing-entropy.blogspot: Last October, after my third Sylvania netbook failed, I took the refund I had received and bought an HP Mini 110 netbook as a replacement.
- Whither with Ubuntu?
- First Impressions: Ubuntu 10.10 Beta
- Dell Vostro 3300 and Ubuntu 10.4
- New features and changes in Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick!
- SuperOS 10.04 Screenshots
- Ubuntu 10.10 Netbook Edition beta review
- Ubuntu 10.10 netbook beta: unusable on my netbook