phoronix.com: In this article is the first of several articles comparing the recently released Fedora 16 to Ubuntu 11.10. This first article is looking at the boot performance and power consumption from several different notebooks when performing clean installs of Fedora Verne and Ubuntu Oneiric Ocelot.
royal.pingdom.com: Don’t panic Ubuntu fans but your favorite desktop Linux distribution has fallen to fourth place in DistroWatch’s latest ranking.
- Ubuntu 11.10 Review
- Ubuntu Linux desktop tips
- Ubuntu 11.10 (Oneiric Ocelot) and other shells
- Will Ubuntu PCs in Retail Succeed Where Mail Order Failed?
- Bacon: The Ubuntu Commons
mrpogson.com: “There is going to be a crowd that is just too cool to use something that looks really slick and there is nothing we can do for them.”, said Mark Shuttleworth. There are two things wrong with that,
inaugust.com: I stopped configuring my UI environment several years ago, opting instead to use the experience that had been designed for me by the fine folks at Ubuntu. Until now.
This guide explains how you can install and use KVM for creating and running virtual machines on an Ubuntu 11.10 server. I will show how to create image-based virtual machines and also virtual machines that use a logical volume (LVM). KVM is short for Kernel-based Virtual Machine and makes use of hardware virtualization, i.e., you need a CPU that supports hardware virtualization, e.g. Intel VT or AMD-V.
makeuseof.com: As the latest version of Ubuntu was released, the team of developers have been hard at work adding some convenient features.
- Lubuntu 11.10 review - Alternative to Unity?
- Kubuntu 11.10 review
- Ubuntu launches at retail in Portugal with ASUS
- 3 Interesting Ubuntu Unity Mobile Mockups
- People Behind Debian: Mark Shuttleworth, Ubuntu’s founder
- 5 Things I Would Like to See Improved in Ubuntu Software Center
- Ubuntu Phone, Tablet and TV – discussion opened