linuxlibrary.org: Here is a look at everything that is offered with the stunning new release of Kubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal. With the Stability of Ubuntu and the powerful KDE software selection, this distribution is ideal for desktops and laptops.
ubuntumanual.org: To break the barrier vendors need to bundle Linux or its derivatives with their hardware. It seems Ubuntu has now made them think along those lines and Ubuntu preloaded PC's have started to trickle in. Lets have a look at some of them.
- How GNOME 3 is besting Ubuntu Unity
- Ubuntu Unity, GNOME 3: The Video Driver March of Folly
- Has Canonical Convinced Linux Users to Pay for Applications?
- ‘Bleedingedge’ script lets you quickly add beta software to Ubuntu
- An Ubuntu Adventure: Latitude 2120 Certification and UDS
- Ubuntu Power Users
- Confity & Gunity- 2 Simple tools to configure Unity the easy way
- Lubuntu set to go mainstream
muktware.com: Whether you like the Unity interface or not, it mostly depends on your personal preferences. But Ubuntu Unity is often criticized for many of the design decisions that went into its making. Two of the most criticized decisions are
This guide explains how you can run virtual machines with VirtualBox 4.0 on a headless Ubuntu 11.04 server. Normally you use the VirtualBox GUI to manage your virtual machines, but a server does not have a desktop environment. Fortunately, VirtualBox comes with a tool called VBoxHeadless that allows you to connect to the virtual machines over a remote desktop connection, so there's no need for the VirtualBox GUI.
omgubuntu.co.uk: Have you ever installed a sound theme in Ubuntu? No? Well you wouldn’t be alone. Finding extra sound themes for Ubuntu is a task and half in and of itself, and that’s before the rather archaic installation process.
dwasifar.com: I switched my laptop to Mint 10 two weeks ago. The more I use it, the happier I am with it. It has been absolutely rock stable, no interface glitches whatsoever. It boots fast, it looks great. It just works.
- Ubuntu 11.10 (Oneiric Ocelot) Features
- Interview with Matthew East
- Netbook Launcher now Available for Natty
- Add Ubuntu One style dark toolbars to all apps in Ubuntu
- Kubuntu 11.10 Mobile Devices Sneak Peak
- Bacon: Rocking The LoCo Community In Oneiric
- Python plans for Ubuntu 11.10 and 12.04
pocket-lint.com: Canonical is the parent company of the most popular distribution of the free, open-source computer operating system known as Linux and if there’s one thing between them and their broad horizons, it’s Windows.