- Ubuntu: Wake up and smell the Unity against you
- Reports of Ubuntu’s death are greatly exaggerated
- The "Ubuntu Pig Thesis", Revised
h-online.com: The Ubuntu developers are now tracking Mozilla's rapid release cycle, releasing the updated version 8.0 of Mozilla's Firefox and Thunderbird.
- Ubuntu’s Popularity Is Not Declining
- Fedora 16 vs. Ubuntu 11.10 Performance Benchmarks
- A few useful tweaks for Ubuntu
- ‘Foss Yeaaaah!’ – A Song About Unity, GNOME and Ubuntu
- Ubuntu vs LinuxMint: Distrowatch Ratings Don't Matter
- List Of Unity Keyboard Shortcuts
- Asus and Ubuntu in Portugal
- More Kernel Vulnerabilities Found in Ubuntu OSes
- Not moving just yet
theregister.co.uk: Open-sourcers are taking Ubuntu Linux in the direction of Google TV and Microsoft's Xbox 360.
Unlike virt-manager, virt-install is a command line tools that allows you to create KVM guests on a headless server. You may ask yourself: "But I can use vmbuilder to do this, why do I need virt-install?" The difference between virt-install and vmbuilder is that vmbuilder is for creating Ubuntu-based guests, whereas virt-install lets you install all kinds of operating systems (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, FreeBSD, OpenBSD) and distributions in a guest, just like virt-manager. This article shows how you can use it on an Ubuntu 11.10 KVM server.
- Linux Mint Tops Popularity Charts as Ubuntu Tumbles
- Is Ubuntu Still Your Favorite?
- Ubuntu sees massive slide in popularity, Mint sprints ahead ... but why?
- Linux Mint dominates Ubuntu
- Ubuntu popularity falls as Linux Mint flourishes
- Ubuntu savaged by rivals infected with fondleslab fever
- whole bunch more
omgubuntu.co.uk: Ubuntu founder Mark Shuttleworth holds a 1 hour Q&A session following each release of Ubuntu. And today was the first chance many have had to ask Mark questions about upcoming changes, plans and more following the release of Ubuntu 11.10.
phoronix.com: In this article is the first of several articles comparing the recently released Fedora 16 to Ubuntu 11.10. This first article is looking at the boot performance and power consumption from several different notebooks when performing clean installs of Fedora Verne and Ubuntu Oneiric Ocelot.
royal.pingdom.com: Don’t panic Ubuntu fans but your favorite desktop Linux distribution has fallen to fourth place in DistroWatch’s latest ranking.
- Ubuntu 11.10 Review
- Ubuntu Linux desktop tips
- Ubuntu 11.10 (Oneiric Ocelot) and other shells
- Will Ubuntu PCs in Retail Succeed Where Mail Order Failed?
- Bacon: The Ubuntu Commons