linuxuser.co.uk: Canonical’s new frontier is the potentially lucrative dual boot market. With Ubuntu Light Canonical is offering swift boot times, access to media in Windows partitions and the fastest route to the internet possible on small form factor computers. Russell Barnes investigates.
h-online.com: Mark Shuttleworth has announced that the next release of Ubunutu, after April's Natty Narwhal (11.04), version 11.10, will be named "Oneiric Ocelot". The name refers to the leopard-like cat whilst "Oneiric" is defined as "Of or relating to dreams or dreaming."
webupd8.org: Do you use the Compiz Desktop Cube plugin? I don't use it so I didn't notice this but it seems you can't enable the Desktop Cube in Ubuntu 11.04 if you use Unity - a bug about this has been submitted but it was marked as "opinion" so it doesn't look like it's going to be fixed, at least not in Ubuntu 11.04:
ftagada.wordpress: Unity 3.6.0 recently landed in Natty, bringing a lot of long expected goodnesses, along with some unexpected weirdnesses and regressions.
ghabuntu.com: Yes, the most popular Linux distro is working hard to become the pariah of the FOSS community. To give you a typical example, take the case of the GNOME / UNITY switch.
muktware.com: Ubuntu Maryland Leader Chuck Frain is stepping down as the leader of the group which he founded. In a blog post he has given reasons behind his decision and they raise some serious questions. He said that Ubuntu has changed from a community driven project to a company controlled product.
- Ubuntu 11.04 Alpha 3 released
- Ubuntu 11.04 Alpha 3 Released - Overview and Screenshots
- Ubuntu 11.04 Alpha 3 Released with Lots of New Features
- Ubuntu 11.04 Alpha 3 Out - Screenshots and Video
- Shuttleworth: Ayatana overlay scrollbars: something truly Natty
- Introducing Overlay Scrollbars in Unity
- Thanks Ubuntu
- Ratings&reviews “Was this review helpful?”
earthweb.com: By any standard, Debian is the most influential Linux distribution ever. Not everyone uses Debian, but, both alone and second hand through Ubuntu, it is the source of more derivative distributions than any other.
- Interview: Ted Gould on Ubuntu Unity (video)
- Stepping down considerately
- Open Letter to Ubuntu – fix the patching schedule
- Ubuntu isn’t a volunteer-driven project
- Ubuntu, the cloud OS
- Ubuntu 11.10 Release Schedule
- Full Circle Podcast 16