phoronix.com: This though wasn't the only X-related discussion to take place at the Ubuntu 11.04 developer summit in Orlando this week, but there were other related topics discussed such as KMS configuration / quirk handling, the multi-monitor experience on the Ubuntu desktop, and multi-touch support.
kdedevelopers.org: The Ubuntu Developer Summit is in full swing here in Florida. There have been a load of important decisions taken. For example today I dropped KDE from our desktop. I know this may be controvertial with some parts of the community but we can have unity in our new desktop..
makeuseof.com: Learning a new operating system can be difficult, but is also really fun. If you’ve recently installed Ubuntu 10.10 on your computer and want to explore what this operating system is capable of, don’t panic: you’ll enjoy it.
- Who's afraid of the Maverick Meerkat?
- Compiz based Unity will be available to test ‘ASAP’
- Do Artists Use Ubuntu?
- Ubuntu 10.10: Maverick Meerkat Benchmarked And Reviewed
- It's my Linux. I will distribute it how I want to.
- Using Unity – Day 2
- Cutting through the noise about Unity
- Ubuntu Developer Summit Natty, Tuesday and Wednesday
- GNOME Developers Attack Canonical’s Ubuntu Decision
- When is a Gnome Not a Gnome?
- The Right Question
- Why Unity is good for the future of Ubuntu, Gnome, Canonical
- New Ubuntu Advert makes for a slick introduction
ghacks.net: I’ve had the pleasure of trying out plenty of netbook hardware. After plenty of use on this machine, I thought I should report back on the hardware and the OS so that anyone looking for a new netbook might be swayed to the System 76 side.
maketecheasier.com: On October 10, Canonical released its latest installment of Ubuntu, codenamed “Maverick Meerkat”. Like previous iterations, Maverick also includes variations from the standard Ubuntu Gnome interface. Kubuntu is the KDE variation of Ubuntu, and last week, I decided to upgrade from 10.04 and give 10.10 a try.
desktoplinuxreviews.com: Ultimate Edition 2.8 is the latest release of yet another Ubuntu-based distro. As you can tell by the name, there’s very little about Ultimate Edition that’s subtle.
g33q.co.za: My first day of using Unity for work. I have showed it off to a few colleagues and the “ooh” is strong with this one.