doctormo.org: Debate goes on about the political nature of Ubuntu. Nothing new there you might be thinking, well I want you to consider two examples of external factors that push and pull.
Cherokee is a very fast, flexible and easy to configure Web Server. It supports the widespread technologies nowadays: FastCGI, SCGI, PHP, CGI, TLS and SSL encrypted connections, virtual hosts, authentication, on the fly encoding, load balancing, Apache compatible log files, and much more. This tutorial shows how you can install Cherokee on an Ubuntu 10.04 server with PHP5 support (through FastCGI) and MySQL support.
- Lubuntu 10.04
- Ubuntu 10.04 Review
- Netbook MeeGo a NoGo - Review
- London event looks to boost Ubuntu users
- Ubuntu Software Center Gets Visual Improvements
- Ubuntu, Windows 7, OS X, or thin computing
- Running Windows Files in Ubuntu 10.04: The Wrong Approach
design.canonical.com: We recently conducted usability testing to see how users respond to Ubuntu on their first encounter.
Also: 5 Beautiful Themes by PR09Studio
techradar.com: Ubuntu has many recognisable traits, but one of the best is its reputation for working with its community. Recently, however, there was some controversy surrounding this community ethos. It kicked off when Canonical, Ubuntu's primary sponsor, announced a refreshed brand for the project.
- Quit Expecting Ubuntu To Be Perfect
- Full Circle Podcast #8: More Opinion Than You Can Handle
- Dell Says Ubuntu Is Safer Than Windows
- 30 Simple Yet So Incredible Ubuntu Wallpapers for Desktop
- Announcing the User Experience Advocates Project
- Aptitude Removed From Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat
- Maverick Software Center adds Animated Apps Bar
boingboing.net: Today, I got caught up enough from my tour to update my ThinkPad to the latest version of Ubuntu. Lucid Lynx went in like butter. The update ran unattended, took about 1h including downloading the whole OS, updated all of my apps without a hitch, and is running smoothly.
This document describes how to install a Postfix mail server that is based on virtual users and domains, i.e. users and domains that are in a MySQL database. I'll also demonstrate the installation and configuration of Courier (Courier-POP3, Courier-IMAP), so that Courier can authenticate against the same MySQL database Postfix uses.
- 10 things I don't like about Ubuntu 10.04
- 5 new things can happen in Ubuntu 10.10
- Canonical developing Ubuntu OS for tablets
- Ubuntu Will Be Able to Restore Applications and Settings
- What indicator applets were made for