blog.internetnews.com: While some in the open source community have had a negative viewpoint on Ubuntu's move away from GNOME Shell, a key Red Hat staffer doesn't have a problem with it.
- Am I going to have to abandon Ubuntu?
- Don’t Underestimate Ubuntu
- More Mono apps for next Ubuntu release?
- Comparing Netbook Desktops - Part 1, Ubuntu Unity
- Natty free culture showcase to have theme, gets schedule
- Ask Ubuntu Review
- Ubuntu Bug Reporting
webupd8.org: Want most of the popular application you read about on blogs such as WebUpd8 installed by default? Or maybe you install Ubuntu for some friends or family and you get tired from all the tweaking required to get audio/video/flash and so on to work? You could use Pinguy OS.
doctormo.org: One of my goals of UDS was to do a little survey on the floor to get a feel for why participants were contributing to Ubuntu and how they see the reason for doing all this work.
- Unity: Ubuntu’s Descent Into Madness!
- Using Unity – Day 7
- The Ubuntu Khaaaaaaaaaaan Denial of Service
arosenfeld.wordpress: A recent post in Planet Gnome about moving away from Arch into Ubuntu got me thinking, because I just did the same thing a few weeks ago, when Ubuntu 10.10 was released. But I didn’t really liked the reasons I did so.
LAMP is short for Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP. This tutorial shows how you can install an Apache2 webserver on an Ubuntu 10.10 server with PHP5 support (mod_php) and MySQL support.
earthweb.com: For several years, users' experience in Linux has depended more on the desktop than the distribution. Fedora 14 and Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick), conveniently released within a few weeks of each other, do little to challenge that assertion.
- Living with a Maverick Meerkat
- The Major Happenings From The Ubuntu 11.04 Summit
- Ubuntu 11.04 won't be the same old Linux
- Thoughts on Ubuntu and (dis-)Unity(?)
- PPAs Turning Ubuntu into Arch?
- Install Unity to experience the future of Ubuntu
- Ubuntu 11.04 (Desktop) Will Get The Global Menu