mybroadband.co.za: With Ubuntu 9.10 and Mandriva 2010 already released, OpenSuse 11.2 is the third of the "big four" - Fedora, Mandriva, OpenSuse and Ubuntu - Linux distributions to release new versions this month. And, despite its name, OpenSuse 11.2 is a significant upgrade over version 11.1 released more than a year ago.
lockergnome.com: With the release of OpenSuSE today, I just had to download it, as I have thought that the distribution has been, since about revision 9, one of the two best Linux variations available.
- OpenSUSE 11.2 and Novell's Mono Tools ship
- First-look: openSUSE 11.2 is flexible, elegant
- Celebrate OpenSuse 11.2 Being Released By Using It's GTK Theme
- openSUSE 11.2 Persistent LiveUSB Setup
- openSUSE 11.2 Released!
- Nvidia and ATI Proprietary Graphics Drivers support in OpenSuSe 11.2 Linux
- Multimedia (MP3, MPEG-4, AVI, DiVX, etc.) support in OpenSuse 11.2 Linux
- Microblogging with Choqok in openSUSE 11.2
- openSUSE 11.2 — the art of GNOME
- The Lizard has Landed
- OpenSUSE 11.2 Exposes, Integrates Community-Packaged Software
With openSUSE 11.2 right around the corner, let’s take a look at what’s new and interesting in the GNOME desktop for this release. Highlights include a preview of GNOME 3.0, new applets and application updates, and the incredibly attractive Sonar theme new for 11.2.
Also: GNOME gets even better
- Bright Computing Signs With Novell to Offer SLED With its Cluster
- Microsoft, Novell say alliance still bearing fruit
- Shiny new desktop: openSUSE 11.2 dual-headed goodness
- Promoting Open Source Through Social Media
dissociatedpress.net: Typically Novell has created the artwork for the openSUSE DVDs, but this time around we had some really interesting and creative input from openSUSE contributors.
maximumpc.com: Although most Linux users rely on pre-built Linux distros and customize their software configuration after installation, there is nothing quite like having a Linux distro that was custom-designed to your specifications.