the451group.com: The 451 Group has recently published a Spotlight report focused on Novell’s strategy as it relates to open source software.
thelinuxlink.net: Dave Yates had brought up on TLLTS and then later on LottaLinuxLinks Oggcast the possibility of Microsoft buying Novell now that the latter company is up for sale. He felt hat this would place Microsoft in an interesting position to own the Unix Copyrights and to have their own Linux distribution.
theregister.co.uk: Red Hat's CEO Jim Whitehurst declined to dismiss the possibility of buying out his company's Linux rival Novell in a meeting with reporters in London today.
theinquirer.net: VANQUISHER OF SCO Novell, which is seeing off a buyout from a vulture capitalist fund, has annouced it will release a SUSE flavour of Meego that is a fully supported Linux operating system for netbooks.
ghacks.net: I have said it over and over again, Linux installations needs a Welcome Screen. This would be a huge help for new users who often are not sure where to turn for help, or what Linux is all about. Well, OpenSuSE has one.
- openSUSE Weekly News #125 is out
- Weekly Review of PostgreSQL
- Weekly Kernel Review
- Novell revenues drop as board seeks sale
- OpenSUSE 11.2 Review – GNOME Desktop Environment
- openSUSE 11.3 Almost Without 3G Support
- Installing software in OpenSuSE with YaST
- Novell openSUSE 11.3 and Build Service near release
- Why not try OpenSuSE 11.2