eweek.com: There are still some dangling legal strings that need to be trimmed, and those won't happen for at least a few weeks -- barring any more appeals, of course, by the Lindon, Utah-based SCO Group. One of them involves counterclaims by IBM and Red Hat.
blogs.zdnet.com: I can see an open source showdown in the making here, the beneficiaries of which will be consumers, SMBs, enterprises, and educational institutions. I don’t get the feeling the showdown will be any fun, though, if Novell is left to its own devices.
- Decision in the SCO Group vs. Novell Jury trial
- SCO loses again: jury says Novell owns UNIX SVRX copyrights
computerworld.com.au: Users might have a love/hate relationship with Novell's SUSE Studio. Here are five things we love and five things we disliked about the product.
Issue #116 of openSUSE Weekly News is now out!
- openSUSE 11.3 Milestone 4 Release
- Linux business key to Novell sale
- Novell Acquisition Bidding Stalls
- Estimating the Value of Novell's Linux OS
- Now what Novell?
- Novell Executives: Judge Us By Our Progress
- How Much Is Novell's Linux OS Really Worth?
linux-mag.com: According to the company, Novell would consider being acquired should the right buyer come along. Could that buyer be Microsoft? And what would that mean for SUSE and the Linux ecosystem?
- 5 Questions for Novell CEO Ron Hovsepian
- Novell Rejects Takeover Bid… But Welcomes Other Bidders
- More SUSE Linux Appliances Boot Up at Novell BrainShare
- Novell Rejects Hedge Fund’s Offer To Take The Company Private For $2 Billion
- Novell Says $5.75-Share Offer From Elliott Is ‘Inadequate’
- openSUSE Weekly News, Issue 115 is out
- SCO vs. Linux: The jury has been informed