news.opensuse.org: End of January the US Congress will vote to pass two laws, the “PROTECT IP Act” (PIPA) and the “Stop Online Piracy Act” (SOPA). If these laws pass they would enable copyright holders to get court orders against websites accused of doing or facilitating copyright infringement.
news.opensuse.org: Today we have the chance to interview SUSE’s Freederic Crozat, who’s responsible for systemd in openSUSE.
- Comparison OpenSUSE 12.1 vs Fedora 16
- openSUSE 12.1 – Great Release
- openSUSE 12.1 Reveiew
phoronix.com: OpenSUSE 12.1 introduced support for systemd but it didn't defenestrate SysVinit as there are still some dependencies on this older init system.
serverwatch.com: It should come as no surprise that the 12.1 release of OpenSUSE delivers a polished, high-performing operating system fit for just about any task. This version includes many cutting-edge open source projects.
- Hung jury in Novell v. Microsoft lawsuit
- Novell-Microsoft WordPerfect Lawsuit Ends In Mistrial
- Microsoft, Novell Negotiating WordPerfect Settlement?
- openSUSE Board Election 2011 results
- openSUSE Weekly News Issue 206 is out